Main Menu

gb9 b9 question

Started by cuda hunter, May 14, 2020, 12:03:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

How come you could get b9 in 1969 for both plymouth and dodge   and GB9 in 1971 for plymouth  but you could not get that color in 1970?  Nor could you get gb9 for challenger in 71. 

Any idea as to why that paint color was not offered in only 1970 for plymouth and 70-71 for challenger? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Interesting question, I've never heard of GB9 ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

cuda hunter

I've only noticed it due to some C bodies that got it.   Great color!  Really like it.  MIdnight blue metallic.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I modified my original post as I did not notice that dodge did not offer the gb9 in 71 either.

JS29

E = 1969 G = 1971, B is color designation 9 is shade. That is all i have.  :alan2cents:

6bblgt

paint colors & shades were being changed yearly - there aren't many (or any) high-impact c-bodies or Imperials, so they had their "exclusive" paint choices also
each year had ~18 STANDARD colors - typically the c-bodies got a number of dark colors in lieu of the high-impact paints (dark green F9, dark purple C8, dark grey A8, dark blue B9, etc.)

(E)B9 - was Imperial & Dodge c-body ONLY
NONE
GB9 - was Imperial ONLY
NONE
JB9 - was c-body ONLY

& here's a picture of my brother's (well, now it's my nephew's) factory 440HP auto 3.55s sunroof 1973 Charger SE (NO A/C) w/special order paint "JB9"

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

So, C body or special order only. 

that's really unfortunate.  I've really grown to like that color. Black is one of my favorites, this color shows black in low light but shows great blue in sunlight.  would look stunning on a challenger and pretty good on a cuda. 

Thanks Dan! 

Chryco Psycho

I had a B9 midnight blue Pickup  :twothumbsup:
Great color

6bblgt

besides "black" (which was not very popular on E-bodies) there weren't many choices for dark colors (4?   :dunno:  ) on a '71 E-body

TX9 - black
GY9 - dark gold
GY8 - gold (not really a dark shade)
FC7 - purple (not sure I'd call it dark)
GF7 - green (lighter than the earlier EF8)
GB7 - dark blue (partial year)
GK6 - dark bronze

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 14, 2020, 03:11:39 PM
So, C body or special order only. 

that's really unfortunate.  I've really grown to like that color. Black is one of my favorites, this color shows black in low light but shows great blue in sunlight.  would look stunning on a challenger and pretty good on a cuda. 

Thanks Dan!

Funny you say that.... I've always thought black looked incredible of a Cuda... But really not a fan of black on Challengers, to me it doesn't compliment the lines of the Challenger...

cuda hunter

They are two very unique cars.  Plum Crazy is by far my favorite color on Challengers.  It took me some years to really understand that and I really loathed the fc7 since everybody had to do their challenger in that color.  But with the body lines it really shows great especially in person. B5 and B7 are awesome one challengers also.

Whereas I really don't like fc7 on a cuda.  Doesn't do anything for me.  I'm more a EV2 or TX9 kinda guy for cuda's.