Main Menu

Help Me Get Creative with a New Tag

Started by 303 Mopar, August 23, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

I would like to come up with a creative fender tag for my 1970 Barracuda. It is an L.A. car so no BS and is very far from stock, so not trying to "fool" anyone with a real V or R code car.  The PO died two months after the restoration was completed so there is little information I have other than all the receipts from the shop that completed the work.  According to the shop, the original tags were there and lost someone along the line but they promised to send them to me if found.  This was over 2 years ago so I've given up.

I contacted datatags and they said they would make a tag for me with the codes I come up with, so this is where I need your help. They can be a mix of real options and made up codes since the 392 didn't exist.  Here are the details of my car:
- B5 color, white strobe stripe, black interior, stock gauges
- 392 Hemi, Passon 4 spd, 8 3/4 with 3.55's, upgraded Hotchkis suspension and 3" side exhaust
- Non-A/C. upgraded radio

I came up with this, which I think is ok but not really that creative.

Chryco Psycho

Well s a 392 you would want to be between N / 383 & r / 426 so maybe P
same with the numerical 440+6 is e86 so you want to be E 70 maybe

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I like it!  Very neat the way you got the 392 in there.  I like the idea of going with P or Q for the engine too, but thatis in the VIN so might be best to leave the real VIN in there.   :notsure:

I sent you a PM.   :bigthumb:

JS29

Your SPD is too early! Mine is 909 and sequence # 103279 LA plant. :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: JS29 on August 24, 2017, 06:12:32 AM
Your SPD is too early! Mine is 909 and sequence # 103279 LA plant. :alan2cents:

Thanks I was just guessing.  I trusted source narrowed it down to 9/30, so I'll update it.

ec_co

I love it!! fun idea  :bigthumb:

current 2016/17 Challenger engine VIN codes:

G = 3.6 V6
T = 5.7 V8
J = 6.4 V8
9 = 6.2 V8

so you could do a J0E .... everyone knows there is no such thing, so why the hell not
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Quote from: ec_co on August 24, 2017, 08:04:33 AM
I love it!! fun idea  :bigthumb:

current 2016/17 Challenger engine VIN codes:

G = 3.6 V6
T = 5.7 V8
J = 6.4 V8
9 = 6.2 V8

so you could do a J0E .... everyone knows there is no such thing, so why the hell not

So if I go J0E in the vin, what about the engine code?  I just picked E92 for the 392.  Any ideas? 

ec_co

maybe one of the new SRT Quick Order codes? 23K, 24K, 25R and 26R (the last 2 are Hellcat)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

6bblgt

I would leave the VIN to match what's on the dash.

E64 (6.4L) ?
or change the A53 (340+6 package) to A64 (392 package?)

RzeroB

When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought of this very funny fender tag that I saw earlier this year which said something to the effect of "INSPECTED BY GALEN GOVIER AND EVERYTHING WAS FOUND TO BE INCORRECT" Wish I could remember where I saw that ... and took a pic of it.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)