Main Menu

Help with a Broadcast Sheet

Started by Snowdog, May 27, 2023, 11:50:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Snowdog

Hi everyone,  the place where I've been storing my unrestored cars, a Cuda and Challenger for the last several decades has changed hands.  So the new owners have new contract made up by bunch of lawyers and want a ton of info.   Anyways, they are asking for the VIN and in looking for the registration I ran across the Broadcast sheet for the Cuda.  Could somebody take a look at the body color and let me know what I'm doing wrong with the Broadcast sheet decoder?  It comes up "Unknown",  it was that dark Ivy Green metallic color (F8?).  The broadcast sheet state FKK for the body color which I'm unfamiliar with.  I'll attach the actual Broadcast sheet and the decoder came up with.  The other stuff engine, trans, etc seems to be right.  It was 70 Cuda 383, 4 speed, black interior and dark ivy green.  Thanks, for you help in this matter.

Oh, does anyone know whatever happened to that "Cars in Barns"  website,  seems to be no longer there.  The reason I ask is I posted these car on there a long time ago, along with their story.  Just curious.

JS29

It looks like FK5 to me, but my eye's are not as good as they used to be.  dark burnt orange.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

Your sheet has a typo on it. Paint colour should be as noted FK5 dark burnt orange . :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Culvers

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2023, 03:53:07 PM
Your sheet has a typo on it.
More than one typo. What about the stripe?

Snowdog

Quote from: JS29 on May 27, 2023, 02:30:22 PM
It looks like FK5 to me, but my eye's are not as good as they used to be.  dark burnt orange.   :alan2cents:

It's definitely FKK when I look at the actual Broadcast Sheet.  So probably a typo. 

Snowdog

Quote from: anlauto on May 27, 2023, 03:53:07 PM
Your sheet has a typo on it. Paint colour should be as noted FK5 dark burnt orange . :alan2cents:

Ok, let me ask another dumb question,  is this broadcast sheet is definitely for a Cuda?  The reason I ask is the Challenger I have is/was Dark Burnt Orange and it was also a 383, 4 speed, black interior.  Just curious if I got the Challenger broadcast sheet confused with the Cuda's.  It was a long time ago when I dug out that broadcast sheet,  and I don't have immediate access to the cars to check the VIN,  They are both in town at a storage facility.  I probably won't make it down there for a week or two.

Thanks for the info.

anlauto

YES, it's a Cuda sheet....it may not be your Cuda, often times the wrong sheets are found in cars. No way to be sure until you double check the VIN numbers on the car and on the sheet.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Snowdog

Ok, Thanks!  To answer the question about the stripe on the Cuda it was your typical Hockey stick style black stripe.

On a funny side note:  the Cuda had one side labeled as 383 Hockey Stick Stripe and hood emblem too and the other side was labeled 340 from the factory.  It made for some interesting street racing stories,  mostly "That's the fastest stock 340 I've seen.

But if you've ever worked on a assembly line it's pretty easy to see how that could happen and it was the 70's after all.  What's the old saying "You can't look at both sides of the car at the same time."  I think an old body shop guy told me that when I was a kid.  I think he put on two different style pin stripes.   

pschlosser

Back to the OP issue, where his storage place demanded to know details about the stored vehicles.  I would find a new storage place.  I've have experience managing a storage unit, and there is no legal precedent (2012 in California) whereby a storage unit must know, and or report, what vehicles were being stored.

That said, as manager, I was curious about what vehicles were being stored only when a client was near  delinquency.  Why?  Because if the car is valuable enough, I would not send the unit to auction after the lien was completed.   No need to bring in bidding competition.   :)

Snowdog

Thanks for your input / insight.  Yes, usually when a large corporation takes over it doesn't end to well for the customers, employees and everybody else involved..........except for the people at the very top.  Been through that several times, it wasn't fun. 

I do have a pole barn to put them in, just finishing up the details.

Snowdog

Well that's not the Broadcast sheet for that car.  I checked the VIN on the Cuda in storage and it was close, but off a few hundred in the sequence number.  It could be from a couple of the extra seats I purchased over the years or just put in the wrong car at Dodge Main.  A lot of interesting things happened when I was there.

Thanks for your help!