Main Menu

Help with Build Sheet code 27 Vac Fit

Started by Cuda Cody, January 27, 2017, 10:00:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Anyone know what the 27 means on a 1970 Build Sheet in the 4th row down first box?  I'm needing it for the decoder but can't find it in the parts manual.  Here's what I have for that box:

04   #3461304 Power Brake Hose Check Valve 2 WAY without AC
54   #1944154 Power Brake Hose Check Valve 1 WAY without AC
92   #1944092 Power Brake Hose Check Valve 2 WAY w/AC without ATC

I'm to the hardest parts of this build sheet decoder so I'm going to be asking for a lot of help with codes.  Keep your build sheets handy.  Anyone have any other codes besides those four shown above on their 1970 sheet?   :thankyou: in advance.

cataclysm80

Oh that's easy,  27 is the VIN code for a convertible roof.   :rofl:

(sorry, I had to  :) )

Do you have the rest of that broadcast sheet to look at?  It might be helpful.   I'm wondering what the N codes are.

I don't have time to look up a real answer at the moment, but I know that cruise control also ties into the vacuum.

anlauto

That's for the vacuum fitting at the engine. Cruise control gets it's vacuum at the brake booster. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cataclysm80

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2017, 10:25:33 AM
Cruise control gets it's vacuum at the brake booster. :alan2cents:

Yep, that's correct. 

cataclysm80

I have a vacuum fitting with 3 ports on it.  Big one for the brakes, and 2 little ones.
It's from a Mopar, but maybe not E body?

Cuda Cody

Here's the rest of the sheet.  I'm thinking it's either a 3 way or could it even be a block off all together?

Cuda Cody

I got an idea...  I'm going to check a 68 or 69 parts catalog and see if it's an older code that was carried over and not put in the 70 /71 part catalog.   :notsure:

anlauto

That car has manual drum brakes so my guess is that number is for a plug not a fitting :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

...and I have "27" on a 71 Cuda sheet here that is also a manual drum brake car :alan2cents:

Cuda Cody

@anlauto  you might be on to something!  It would make sense that they would need a plug code.  And the sheet I have is manual brakes too.  You might have solved it!!!  Going to check for more sheets.

Anyone else have a 27 on their sheet?

71GranCoupe

Will have to look later, hopefully you will find the mystery before. :headbang:

71GranCoupe

Internet is down. My 71 vert 318 shows 27 manual brakes non ac car. Not sure if Will help

Cuda Cody

You guys were right!  27 is a plug!!!!

A wonderful friend who is pretty good at this stuff helped me find it.  Some of you might remember Snoopy from Moparts.  I purchased a car from him and have stayed in touch ever since.  He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  I don't think he goes on Moparts much anymore, but I sent him a personal email and he knew right away what it was.  It was the Plug like Alan thought!  :veryexcited:

anlauto

More than just a pretty face I guess :P

It would be great if Snoopy would join us here....I'm sure he left Mofarts for the same reason a lot of us did... :drunk: :-X

71GranCoupe

Looks like you found what you needed. My internet is back working, so if you still need another sheet with 27 in the box let me know. On the 71, it has the two port check valve, one large for the intake manifold and the 2nd smaller one, and it is capped with the rubber cap.  :drinkingbud: