Main Menu

Importance of the Numbers

Started by johnr, November 01, 2017, 06:32:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

johnr

Good morning,      I have salvaged a 1971 'Cuda in pieces and wanted to find the car a good home. I have most of the parts (but not all). The V.I.N. plate in the windshield is missing as I have no dash pad (I do have the dashboard). The drivers door is on the shell and was corroded shut. When I got the door opened, the door tag was still there and I did retrieve the #. It matches the cowl stamping and the 383 block. No number on the core support, fender tag, build sheet or any other desirables. I am looking for a bit of input on importance and values. I expect to have a title for it inside of another month. I wish I had the means to resurrect the car.

Thanks -- johnr
--  johnr  --

anlauto

If you want to maximise the resale value and more importantly, the resale potential, you should consider buying a new reproduction dash VIN tag. They're available with proper documentation from www.datatags.com.

Without that tag, 99% of the potential buyers wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole for anything more than a parts car. In other words you won't get much for it.

A 1971 383 Cuda can be a desirable car, but without any documentation, VIN tag,fender tag, BCS, etc...it's just another parts car at best. What other things can you tell about the car ? colours, options etc... ?? Can you post some pictures ?

With those items missing, the car could exist somewhere else as a rebodied restored vehicle.....who knows ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Most people will want to have a project car with the dash VIN and a title.  71 Cuda's are very desirable and someone will want to put it back together.   :yes: