Main Menu

My fender tag

Started by 06Daytona, June 13, 2018, 07:49:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

06Daytona

I'm bored out of my mind because my back isn't letting me do a whole lot so I've been looking back through the forums to catch up on much of what I missed.
I came across a couple of threads about V02 cars and I'm wondering are they rare or are they just rare when they're white with a blue roof? On my morning 'get the back moving' walk I took a picture of my Challenger fender tag since I either haven't decoded it before, or I forgot I did it. I haven't used a photosharing thing in a few years so I don't know what the best one is at the moment but I decoded the tag and got this.
JH23:
Dodge Challenger
High
2 Door Hardtop

G0B: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

177552:   Sequence number

E44:    318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31:    A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
FJ5:    Sublime Exterior Color
H6XW:    Trim - High, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black/White
000:    Full Door Panels
B04:    Build Date: November 04
073780:   Order number

EW1:    White Top Color
A04:    Basic (Radio) Group
C16:    Console w/Woodgrain Panel
C55:    Bucket Seats
G33:    LH Remote Racing Mirror
H51:    Air Conditioning with Heater

M21:    Roof drip rail moldings
R11:    Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V02:    Two Tone Paint Treatment
V5X:    Body Side Stripes, Black
Y05:    Build to USA Specs
26:    26in Radiator

EN2:    End of Sales Codes

Once my back is better I want to pretty up the Challenger but I don't know if I'm going to respray it orange or go back to FJ5 with a white roof. It's Orange with a 440, go wing and TA stripe with the hood sticker right now but I've never liked the TA stripe on it and would rather have the butt stripe.
I know it ultimately comes down to what I want, but I like FJ5 and I plan on doing the Cuda in Sassy Grass and there's another Challenger down here that's Sublime with a white painted roof. I've also considered doing both cars in Sassy Grass but the name GreenGo in Puerto Rico is a little close to Gringo

1 Wild R/T

As was discussed in the other thread, definitely a rare option....  With two of them down there it makes me wonder if they were ordered for a specific purpose... I know in Mexico they have green & white Taxis.....   Challengers don't really lend themselves to being taxis but maybe they were company cars for a business?   

06Daytona

I think the other one was just painted the way the owner wanted, I don't think it's original.

RUNCHARGER

That was really a neat combo. If you were in mainland U.S. I would suggest painting it back to original but where you are I agree with doing it whatever way you like. I don't imagine there's a lot of Challengers in Puerto Rico so it will be an eye catcher no matter what you do. Good luck with your back, I found yoga to be the best cure for mine after I fractured some vertebrae and put up with years of pain.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Do you have a photo of the tag?  I bet @6bblgt  would love to see it.  :banana:

06Daytona

I do have a pic of it. Is photobucket still the way to go or is there something better now?

headejm

Photobucket is not the way to go. What type of device do you use to access this forum? There are a few ways to post pictures here and they are all easy to do.

06Daytona

Either PC or iPhone. I have the picture on the PC now

1 Wild R/T

Just load straight from your computer to the website.... This website has excellent hosting....

Cuda Cody

Step 5 is the easier way to upload a photo.  1 click of your mouse is all it takes to upload.  Just click "Choose File" under the Attach below the reply box.   :bigthumb:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/forum-help-and-suggestions/14/how-to-post-on-the-forum/558/

06Daytona

I'll give it a shot

Cuda Cody

What a great color combo.  I have NEVER heard or seen that combo before.   :drooling:

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the photo. That tag is in nice shape, the rest of the car pretty decent as well?
Sheldon

06Daytona

The rest of the car is in pretty good shape. The clearcoat is peeling and there are a few bubbles and paint peels. The floors need fixing but for the most part it's good.
I've been googling for a sublime with white roof and black stripe, but I can't find one. I've found black roof with black stripe and white roof with white stripe and those were vinyl roofs. I'm really leaning towards factory color now though

06Daytona

Here's a craptastic photoshop of what it might look like