Main Menu

My fender tag

Started by 06Daytona, June 13, 2018, 07:49:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

That's one slick color combo!!  I vote for original colors! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodgemania

Quote from: 06Daytona on June 13, 2018, 10:18:14 AM
Here's a craptastic photoshop of what it might look like
some thing like this green and white top

dodgemania

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 13, 2018, 10:33:11 AM
That's one slick color combo!!  I vote for original colors!
:iagree: nice color

06Daytona

Assuming that I'm not missing a fender tag with more options, what would the car have come with for wheels, hood, tail panel color, grille color. I'm seriously considering going back to fender tag correct with interior and exterior but keeping the 440. I'm thinking it might look pretty cool with steel wheels and hubcaps.

anlauto

Quote from: 06Daytona on June 13, 2018, 11:01:09 AM
Assuming that I'm not missing a fender tag with more options, what would the car have come with for wheels, hood, tail panel color, grille color. I'm seriously considering going back to fender tag correct with interior and exterior but keeping the 440. I'm thinking it might look pretty cool with steel wheels and hubcaps.

You would need the broadcast sheet for that information. Have you looked inside the car for one ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

& the V5X isn't a side stripe .....

they are body side mouldings with a "BLACK" vinyl insert -  a $29.45 OPTION (six pieces, 3 each side)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

06Daytona

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2018, 11:30:38 AM
Quote from: 06Daytona on June 13, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

You would need the broadcast sheet for that information. Have you looked inside the car for one ?
I don't think it's there, and if there is one it's probably not for this Challenger. The interior is all black now and a couple of the panels are black dyed red panels. The car was put together from a few cars I think. Some Interior panels are dyed from white or red and the raisin bran hood used to be B5. And that's just what I've discovered without doing too much investigating. The rad support, cowl and vin all match though

cuda hunter

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 13, 2018, 11:36:56 AM
& the V5X isn't a side stripe .....

they are body side mouldings with a "BLACK" vinyl insert -  a $29.45 OPTION (six pieces, 3 each side)

Those were just for sale.  But I need cuda ones and those were chally's. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

No build sheet automatically trumps the wheels up to 15X7!
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

You could check the back of the glove box for a build sheet .
Cool color combo  :bigthumb:

06Daytona

After lots of thinking and googling I've decided to spray the car sublime with a white roof with the blackout on the hood and the go wing. I'm not going to use the little side stripe because it looks a little grandma car to me, but I'll either go with a butt stripe or the wide black side stripe. I'll be working with a limited budget on the Challenger so I can finish the Cuda in Sassy Grass with billboards and a go wing

RUNCHARGER

That'll look good. I'd leave the go-wing off or did it come with it originally?
Sheldon

06Daytona

I don't think it had one originally, but it has the holes in the top of the trunk for both the go wing and the TA ducktail. I plugged the holes for the TA with some plastic autozone plugs for now. Once I get the car into the garage to see what needs doing I'm going to decide what direction to go. I've decided to go with factory colors on the outside but I don't know if I'm going to change the interior back to white and what I'm going to do with wheels. I'm thinking steel wheels with dog dishes though.

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Did you find that car in Puerto Rico?