Main Menu

New fender tags by AG Backeast, very happy!

Started by benlavigne, July 09, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

I know there are two camps on the issue of reproduced fender tags, I for one do not mind them if they match a damaged or stored one or a build sheet.
When I bought my Challenger, the kicker was that even though the fender tag was missing, there was a very good build sheet from which I could get the info for a new tag. It was a given from the start that the tag would reflect the original equipment, even though there were some changes at restoration... Color being the obvious one, along with vinyl top.
I did some research through this great forum (Thanks Cody and 6bblgt!), and was surprised that I actually had a two-tag car! I also looked at dozens of tags, original and repro, to see what looked right and not, and asked AG Backeast for a quote and sample, which looked spot-on to my eyes. After reviewing the codes, placement, etc... it was confirmed that ther would be a second tag, and they were produced and shipped within 48 hours, at a very fair price! I am not saying all work goes as quick, maybe the timing was just right, but I feel that was exceptional service, with superb communication... I have a friend who waited for months on another ''Tag Services'' supplier...
A big thumbs-up to Brett at AG Backeast, a.k.a. datatags.com, even though the website does not show Mopar tags, he does know his fender tags!

Ben

Cuda Cody

Congratulations on getting your fender tags reproduced.  They look wonderful and you have the build sheet to back it up.   :banana:

scf100

Nice, I agree that as long as you have documentation to back up then I have no problem with a repro fender tag.

I am sure some folks will build an air car with them but a buyer should always look for proof to back up a high dollar car
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

76orangewagon

The trim tags look great as does the car... I was in the same situation, I had a great broadcast sheet but was missing the tag, I had Dave wise at MMC Detroit make mine.

anlauto

I've had dozens of tags made by AG Backeast, always great fast service. :alan2cents:  :bradsthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaMoparRay

Calling AG tomorrow Monday morning. Sent an email sometime back regarding fender tag being produced off my build sheet but no answer.

Cuda Cody

They can't make a fender tag from your sheet, you have to tell them what codes you want on it based on your sheet.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on July 09, 2017, 04:06:23 PM
Calling AG tomorrow Monday morning. Sent an email sometime back regarding fender tag being produced off my build sheet but no answer.

benlavigne

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 09, 2017, 04:26:15 PM
They can't make a fender tag from your sheet, you have to tell them what codes you want on it based on your sheet.

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on July 09, 2017, 04:06:23 PM

I am surprsed you did not get a reply right away... Brett did offer to research the codes that need to be on the tag, for a supplementary fee, but it was fun to try and do it myself, and have an expert from this group verify it !

Ben

Cuda Cody

Can't promise I'll have enough time to help this week with the big show, but if you want to post your build sheet I'm sure we can offer some thoughts on the codes.  :bigthumb:

CudaMoparRay

This is the original thread were my fender tag info was "extracted" by Cody and others:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/do-you-have-your-fender-tags-andor-buildsheet/1355/75

This is the email I sent out:

Hello,  Need a quote for a fender tag for a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda

The addition of C52 on tag seems to be in question but it is an original bench seat model maybe you can find out for sure if it belongs there or not.

It maybe either this:

L31  M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  C52  G11  L25
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

or maybe this:

M21  R11  EN2
V1X   U   A01  G11  L25  L31
GT2  H4T7  000  B12  039865
E44  D31  BH23  G1B  212616

Thank you for your help in advance, Ray

I have also attached this for your information regarding C52:    https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion/2/do-you-have-your-fender-tags-andor-buildsheet/1355/60

Update: Just spoke to the nice gentleman at AG and resent email to a different email address. They will check it out and give me a quote later.

Cuda Cody

Maybe ask Brett at AG Backeast and see if he has any thoughts on the C52.  I don't have a lot of experience with 71 tags yet.

Voodoo Child

Is there a specific code added to the reproduction tags to show it is in fact a reproduction tag? I'm not a tag guru but what is CTD in the upper right corner?

Cuda Cody

Not any required codes added to a reproduction tag unless you request it.  The CTD means it's a 2 tag car and the codes "continue" on to a 2nd tag.  Having CTD on your fender tag normally means you have a heavily options car and that's a good thing.  You find more two tag cars in 71 as they started putting codes on the tags that were not normally on there in 1970.  Either way, a two fender tag car is cool.

Quote from: Voodoo Child on July 10, 2017, 01:53:33 PM
Is there a specific code added to the reproduction tags to show it is in fact a reproduction tag? I'm not a tag guru but what is CTD in the upper right corner?

Voodoo Child

So what is stopping people from building and optioning any car they want? Aside from the vin number!

1 Wild R/T

Not much... Which is why buyers need to be vigilant....