Main Menu

Questions about 74 Cuda Fender tags

Started by dmiller, February 19, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dmiller

Hello, I am new to the E bodies forum, questions please, I am thinking of buying a 74 360 4 speed Cuda. I have decoded the fender tag, and  have some questions. 1) what is G51 anyone know. 2) The Fender tag I am looking at shows nothing on the rear axle package the car has 3.23 limited slip, and the rear sway bar. Is this part of package? 3) The car has a console with 4 speed pistol grip. The only code is the (D21) for the Trans nothing on the console, is this also part of a package? 4) This car has a rally dash, the only code is the N85 Tach, dose this cover the rally gauges? 5) One more! the A6XW shows white, with black dash, carpet etc correct? This car has an all black interior. Your KIND comments are welcome. My last Cuda was a 70 4 speed, and all of the codes where on the 2 fender tags dana etc. I cannot read the 2 serial numbers on the cowl and radiator support, so I am worried this may have been a re-body. I will do the pencil shading, and look at the rear truck serial number if I have to. The Fender tag, the paint on it looks like B3 which was darker? the whole car was painted B5 does it look b5?, Thoughts?? THANK YOU. 68 dodge SS/AA.

Rich G.

I'm not sure how much info goes on the fender tag. The broadcast sheet will break it down further. Hopefully there is one hidden in the car somewhere. Tach only comes with a rally dash and gauges.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @dmiller   :welcome:  Thanks for joining us.   :banana:

This write up can be helpful, but you'll get the most help if you can post a photo of the tag.

https://www.e-bodies.org/buying-your-first-e-body/vin-numbers/

@6bblgt  is the numbers guru and expert.  He might be able to help.  The 74's are less known about because there were fewer and not the big HP motors that lots of people go after, but they are great cars.  Hope everything works out for you and the car is what you want it to be.   :burnout:

Culvers

anlauto

In my opinion, based on your question, the car should have white seats/headliner/interior panels, with black carpet and dash. No C16 on the fender tag means no console originally. The N85 does mean your car had a rally dash. G51 is just a single manual DS chrome mirror. The 3:23's would not be onb the fender tag, but the sway bar is part of the "BS" Cuda package.
There's no rear trunk serial number on an E Body, don't bother looking. In my opinion, the paint looks too light for B5 too dark for B3

B3 is lighter then B5 :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

quapman

That looks like Martin Senour B5 which isn't even close to either EB5 (69 & 70) or GB5 (70-73). I did a Challenger a bunch of years back with M-S paint and it was this color.

6bblgt

"B5" changed again for '74 - KB5 "LUCERN BLUE METALLIC":dunno: lighter/darker/sideways from EB5 or GB5 it's tough to get a solid feeling for color accuracy 40+ years later?
additionally, modern paints make it difficult

the only other '74 E-body "blue" was KB1 "POWDER BLUE"

I think they started dropping codes that were redundant the A62/N85 (and others?) to save fender tag space/time during the car's build, starting with the '71 Challenger R/T