Main Menu

Rear ashtrays Broadcast sheet codes?

Started by 750-h2, July 01, 2018, 07:05:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

My 1970 Challenger R/T SE has rear ashtrays. I have seen other SE's without them. Wondering what codes on the BS to look for to see if they were factory installed or not. I bought new rear panels from Dave and want to make sure before cutting them for the ashtrays.   Thanks

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

My '71 Challenger has the leather seat option, and has the side panel ash trays in addition to having the console ashtray.  Back in the day if someone wanted to drive my '71 with his 3 midget chain smoker buddies riding in the back seat, each would have his own ash tray! :woohoo:

1 Wild R/T

If it's got leather it had ashtrays.... If they are gone someone replaced the panels.... :alan2cents:

750-h2

My SE has a green interior which was not available in leather. It has the houndstooth deluxe cloth and vinyl seats. Were the ashtrays still standard equipment ?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 750-h2 on July 01, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
My SE has a green interior which was not available in leather. It has the houndstooth deluxe cloth and vinyl seats. Were the ashtrays still standard equipment ?

That I don't know... But I'll bet it's in the reference section either in the salesman guides of the trim selector.....

anlauto

One of the sunroof cars I'm doing has the same interior and the original rear panels have ashtrays and the front panels have the carpet. Mine is NOT a SE only a RT. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

headejm

Line 6, C23 Rear Arm Rest/ Ashtray on Broadcast Sheet. My RT/SE has C23 and rear ash trays.  :cheers:

TelisSE440

Yes, my 318 SE also had the cloth and vinyl seats, the back ashtrays were standard, i'm talking about the 1970 model only. The broadcast sheet had both the C23 and H5X9 for the cloth/vinyl seats.

anlauto

Quote from: TelisSE440 on July 01, 2018, 02:27:45 PM

Yes, my 318 SE also had the cloth and vinyl seats, the back ashtrays were standard, i'm talking about the 1970 model only. The broadcast sheet had both the C23 and H5X9 for the cloth/vinyl seats.

Never notice that before my 70 sheet says "Rear Arm Rests"  that's it, no mention of ash trays, but that makes sense on an E Body I guess

Topcat

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 01, 2018, 08:17:09 AM
If it's got leather it had ashtrays.... If they are gone someone replaced the panels.... :alan2cents:

My P6 interior had them in the rear side panels.
Yet it had 70' seat belt holders on it.

71'

6bblgt

1970 Challenger
Yes, rear ashtrays STANDARD on SE
Yes, rear ashtrays included with leather or cloth/vinyl buckets OPTIONs (non-SE)

750-h2