Main Menu

V-code Challenger from LA?

Started by Culvers, April 09, 2017, 05:09:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Culvers

Did Chrysler produced v-code Challengers in the Los Angeles plant (code E)? I have over 400 V-code Challenger VINs from Hamtramck (B) but only 1 from LA. And this is just a VIN, not proof of authenticity because no photo of fender tag, broadcast sheet, VIN tag, door sticker, window sticker...so maybe a typo.
I know several V-code Cudas from LA, so I think they also produced V-code Challengers in LA. Did anybody have informations for me?   :notsure:

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  might know for sure, but I thought they did.  We know no Hemi's were built in LA, but I thought for sure both Cuda and Challengers V-codes were built.   :thinking:

Cuda Cody

:huh:  Just checked 62 LA build V-Codes and not a single Challenger in the bunch.  You might be right.  I've not seen a 440+6 Challenger from LA yet. 

anlauto

I don't see why they wouldn't  :('
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

auto manufacturer's are sometimes a bit "funny"  :dunno:  maybe something about "DODGE PRIDE" & building them as close to DETROIT (or "Dodge Main") as possible?

I know of NO 1970 (Coronets or Challengers) or 1971 (Chargers) "V"-code Dodges built in LA 

an example & my take on it
1969 "rallye green" Road Runners there are hundreds of them - a '68 Camaro color
1969 Dodges got a new color F6 "bright green metallic" - awful close to the GM color that Plymouth was using, but different  WHY?

because Dodge was NOT going to offer their high profile cars in a GM paint color PERIOD!

Culvers

I just found something interesting: Govier knows 2 JS23V0's from LA

71GranCoupe

OK, here is another WAG, could the bulk of them have been assembled at Hamtramck due to the parts needed. Not enough to warrant stockpiling parts that were not mass produced in comparison to other motors???? Just tossing it out there for thoughts.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

71GranCoupe

anlauto

Okayyy...good to know......I have lots of WAG's :haha: