Main Menu

Volunteers needed to test the new Fender Tag Decoder

Started by Cuda Cody, June 13, 2017, 10:08:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Do you have a 1970 fender tag?  We need your help testing the new 1970 E-Body Fender Tag Decoder.   :banana:  Please do not share this link yet.   :lurking:  It's for E-Bodies.org members only and still in test mode. 

Run as many tags as you can through it and let me know if you find any unknowns, errors, PDF display overlap of codes or any other issues.

http://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-mopar-fender-tag-decoder/

Rev-It-Up

Just ran my old 70 RT/SE through and it came out flawless.  Great job!  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

soundcontrol

I did mine, seems to work fine. No issues.   
Great work with this!  :clapping:

303 Mopar

JS29

Worked perfect!!!I received A galen govier report with my gran coupe and it matched up exactly. good to have these resources at our disposal. thank's    Mark.   

chal340

Great job, I did mine and work fine. The result is very nice. Thanks Cody.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

jamesroney

My tag decoded fine, but it resulted in an "unknown" for the 26 inch radiator core support.

I have a " 26 END" in the 5th row.  All of the other rows worked fine. 
BS23N0E

Cuda Cody

Thank you!  the 26 has been an issue for us as it only takes up 2 boxes and can be anywhere in the sales codes.  I'll work on getting it fixed.  Appreciate the help.   :drinkingbud:

Quote from: jamesroney on June 13, 2017, 11:18:55 AM
My tag decoded fine, but it resulted in an "unknown" for the 26 inch radiator core support.

750-h2

Nice job!  Worked  perfectly!!

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  got the same problem and we think it has to do with having a space in front of the 26.  If the 26 is entered without a space in front of it then it works, but if a space is used (_26) then it comes back as unknown.  We're working on finding a fix.   :fingerscrossed:  Again, thank you to everyone that is helping.   :bradsthumb:

750-h2

After reviewing my data tag decoder report I noticed a small glitch. My C09 build date comes back on the decoder report as simply C.

Cuda Cody

Yes, the 09 is moved over as the date.  I can see how that kinda looks odd.  Maybe we'll duplicate it twice so it's in both spots.   :thinking:

Thanks!

Quote from: 750-h2 on June 13, 2017, 11:49:38 AM
After reviewing my data tag decoder report I noticed a small glitch. My C09 build date comes back on the decoder report as simply C.

TobiasM

negative:
- same small issue with my date-code as member 750-h2...my code is "415" and the result-text of the decoder is "4 - Scheduled to be built April 1970 on the 15 day"...perfect would be "415 - Scheduled to be built on day 15 of April 1970", so by this you would additionally skip that 1st/2nd/3rd obstacle when programming...but I personally could live with the text the decoder shows now.
- sequential number and vehicle order number: some short explenation what these numbers stand for and also what these numbers do NOT stand for is missing, though I think these explenations would be quite informative/clearing things up

positive:
- I take it as very userfriendly that when entering the codes the courser skips to the next digit automatically
- Eventhough I used the letter "O" (Oscar) instead of the number "0" (Zero) on purpose, the decoder showed up with the correct results and not with "entered code wrong/unknown"
- same direction with my entered scheduled production number with I on purpose blanked out using the letter "x" instead of the proper number in the last three digits (308xxx).
- the pdf looks very high qualitiy

conclusion:
A great and even smart decoder - thanks for donating this for free to the community!!!

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 13, 2017, 12:47:56 PM
Yes, the 09 is moved over as the date.  I can see how that kinda looks odd.  Maybe we'll duplicate it twice so it's in both spots.   :thinking:

Thanks!

yes, I also think displaying it twice would be better  :alan2cents:

jamesroney

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 13, 2017, 11:20:22 AM
Thank you!  the 26 has been an issue for us as it only takes up 2 boxes and can be anywhere in the sales codes.  I'll work on getting it fixed.  Appreciate the help.   :drinkingbud:

As a test case,  this fender tag is also problematic..  I don't know if you can deal with the single "U."

R26 EN2
  M88 N41 N42 N85 N96
G11 J25 J45 M21 M25 M31
V1W  U  A62 B51 C16 C55
GB5 SRX9 000 C17 046069
E87 D32 BS23 V1B 25xxxx

BS23N0E