Main Menu

You will never believe this.....

Started by Mickm, September 01, 2017, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mickm

WILD RT, thanks for explaining that as I did not know what it meant.

Cheers,
Mickm

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on September 02, 2017, 03:38:05 PM
That is just awesome! Nicely played by the PO...class act!

He figured it was easier just to do the right thing rather than get on your bad side... :haha:

Mickm

Ok, I have received my build sheet and am wondering what to do to keep it in as good of a shape as possible.
It seems pretty flimsy so I am thinking I will have it laminated.

What did you do to yours?

Cheers!
Mickm

GY3R/T

Make a color copy of the buildsheet. Place each sheet in a clear plastic sleeve. Then put them in a safe or bank lockbox.

Cuda Cody

Good idea.   :yes:  I do exactly that then put a color copy behind the seats.  That's the first place people will look for a build sheet.

Quote from: GY3R/T on September 14, 2017, 06:42:40 AM
Make a color copy of the buildsheet. Place each sheet in a clear plastic sleeve. Then put them in a safe or bank lockbox.

soundcontrol

I found a few in my N code Cuda, I ripped them out and threw them away!
I was 19, in 1979....  :crying:

RUNCHARGER

I would make a few colour copies and laminate them. The original I would press in a book.
Sheldon

anlauto

:iagree: I would NOT laminate the original.....sorta like laminating the Mona Lisa :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

redgum78

That's a great day for you. You better buy the man a beer!

fc7cuda

Always a good feeling to find your build sheet, or get it in the mail 3 years later.   :banana:

Did he say where he found it after all this time?  Wonder which one the mice ate.  :notsure:

wldgtx

That is a great story... hats off to the guy for contacting you and sending it out! :ohyeah:
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

Mickm

I'm not sure (and don't know if he is) what exactly the mice ate but I am really excited to have this document in hand.
From my initial dealings with him in buying the car, I felt like he was a good guy but this speaks volumes to that, I think.

I am sending him a gift certificate so he can take him and his family out to a nice dinner on me for his kindness.

I appreciate the input to "not" laminate, as that was my first thought but your explanation hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Cheers!
Mickm