Main Menu

14" Goodyear Polyglas Spare?

Started by dave73, October 30, 2017, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

Not sure if this is an original spare or not but it was in my trunk when I bought my 73 Challenger. Is this worth anything?

B5Cuda440-6

Can you take a picture of the series of numbers embossed on the backside of the tire?

Also, does that black rim happen to have a part number stamped by the valve stem hole?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

Quote from: B5Cuda440-6 on October 30, 2017, 08:42:51 AM
Can you take a picture of the series of numbers embossed on the backside of the tire?

Also, does that black rim happen to have a part number stamped by the valve stem hole?

I'll check tonight and report back.

Quote from: anlauto on October 30, 2017, 09:09:33 AM
YES...it's worth something....

Well guess that does answer my general question ha. Ballpark price range?

6bblgt

date & condition, condition, condition,

dry-rot?  tread pics?

anlauto

Based all on condition...from what I see in the first pic....I would say $200 and it will only go up from there :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dave73

Interesting, what do they max out at?

dave73

Pictures below

6bblgt

February 1973 tire & wheel

looks unused, is it?  tread pics?

dave73

Don't think it's ever been used, still has tire nubs on it and tread looks unused. Some minor dry cracks on the surface of one side

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

That one looks a lot better that the ones that came on the one I bought in  1970 originally.........they dry rotted on the side walls with in 2 years of getting the car.......I would be slightly afraid to use it but it would make a great looking spare...........

Floyd

I sold one just like that in 2016 for $300.  I spent some time cleaning everything up and used Westley's bleach white and a scotch brite pad to freshen up the rubber.  It turned out great and ended up in a 70 B-body as a spare I think.  Price out a repro polyglas and factor in the effort and cost to get a rim cleaned and painted.  I think it was a pretty good deal for both of us.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

fc7cuda

dave73

How would you guys clean it up to preserve it and best prevent it from getting any worse? I'm going to run it in my trunk