Main Menu

15 x 8 Rallye Wheels?

Started by gzig5, June 28, 2018, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

What is a set of 15x8 Rallye wheels and trim rings in very nice condition worth?  I found two that have some 40% BFG 275/50-15 mounted that would look nice replacing the 225/70/-14s on the back and get me out of trying to find a good 14" tire to replace one with a busted cord.  But, I'm most interested in what I would be able to resell them for when I get all new wheels/tires in the future.

headejm

What year are they? My 1970 came with 15x7 Rallye wheels. Wasn't aware that there is also a 15x8 variation.

BIGSHCLUNK

I run 15X*8's in the rear....... Wheel Vintque........

gzig5

I have no idea if they are original or aftermarket at this point.  I know there are aftermarket ones available for $100 ea..  I'm kind of in between on this because I know I'm going to go with 17 or 18" wheels going forward but it isn't in the budget for a while because there are other things the car needs first.  If I got these and knew I could recoup a good portion of the cost when I do upgrade it would make sense.  They will fill the wheel well nicely and delay the desire to get rid of the little 14 inchers all around. He's asking $275 with pretty well worn tires, which I think is high.  If I could get them at a decent price that would get back 50% or so for the wheels when I do sell them I would make sense to do it.  Plus it will be a five hour round trip to get them which adds to my cost.

6bblgt

there are no factory 15x8.0" "RALLYE WHEELS"

& if NEW reproductions are ~$100 each what are the "worn" tires worth  :notsure: you have to know what you are looking at

Crocha617

They are about $100 each new bare w/o trim rings.  If you paid $250 and they have nice trim rings you shouldn't have much trouble getting most if not all of your money back when you're done or you can just put some new rubber on them and keep them. I'd keep them and just by a repro set of 15x7's for the front.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 28, 2018, 10:16:59 PM
there are no factory 15x8.0" "RALLYE WHEELS"

That's where I was goin on this.......  :yes:

gzig5

Seller confirmed they are aftermarket.  I didn't realize the trim rings are separate and ~$45 each, so maybe it's not a terrible asking price. I'll see how interested he is in dealing.  He's got some other stuff I could use and maybe I can get a package deal.  I do like the Rallye wheels on these cars, but I can't live with the tiny 14" version I have.

MONC

And can you live with the 1" space between the trim ring and the rim?
No 15X8 trim rings...

gzig5

I think they look pretty decent.  He's firm on his price though ($275) and I'm not willing to go that high for something I don't plan on keeping.

Skid Row

Most likely an Olds trim ring As I've heard of people using them on 8" wheels, But they don't look bad to me.

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: MONC on July 05, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
And can you live with the 1" space between the trim ring and the rim?
No 15X8 trim rings...
Most dont even notice....  :yes:

RUNCHARGER

I think those are the ones Wheel Vintiques sells. Not correct at all but they fill the gap.
Sheldon

YellowThumper

I would confirm they are in fact 8" rims. The 8 inch is where tire mounts not the overall outer width of the lip.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.