Main Menu

1970 318 auto Challenger convertible WIW

Started by 6bblgt, September 18, 2019, 12:20:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

a friend has a rotisserie restored numbers matching '70 Challenger 318 convertible & is thinking about selling, car's been done for ~15 years and has ~3,000 miles on it (broadcast sheet, fender tag, info from new, etc.)

WIW - sorry no pics today

white/white top with black interior, lightly OPTIONED: dual chrome mirrors, "flip-top" gas cap, body-side mouldings, automatic w/console, power steering, AM radio, undercoating & hood pad
deviations from stock: chrome 500s, radials & dual exhaust w/turn downs

ragtopdodge

flat hood?

single exhaust and non-RT rear valance?

I'm thinking...$40k can sell within two weeks.  $45k...within two months.

anlauto

:takealook: Are the body side moldings GREEN ????  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm thinking $40ish :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ledphoot

I guess it depends where you are at... This one is a slightly better color combo, I think he's asking too much for it, but they're definitely worth $$$$ as there just aren't that many e-body ragtops. I'd say $45-$50K

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/brentwood-70-dodge-challenger-convt-mint/6963989333.html

70 Challenger Lover

I'm not sure if comparing a 70 Challenger vert to a 71 Barracuda vert is an accurate enough comparison but earlier this year I paid exactly $50k for my 71. A few thought it was a touch high and maybe it was given that it was for sale a long time.

7E-Bodies

@anlauto now that was just plain hurtful. Besides, if they're green, I'll go $60k.  :haha: :rofl: :drunk:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

erik70rt

I paid 36k for my vert.  Non numbers matching.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

js27

What is he asking for it? There are quite a few R/ T verts between 40 to 60. Would someone pay 40 for a 318 car idf they can get a real R/T for a little more ?  Numbers matching or not it is still a 318. 30's are much more realistic. Someone would pay 30 just for a nice cruiser or someone who wanted to clone it into a 440+6 or Hemi may pay 30's.
I guess it depends on what you want and how bad you want it..
JS27

70 Challenger Lover

When I got mine, I really thought I was going to hate the 318. Before the car was delivered, I was researching little things I could do to squeeze more power out of it while looking stock. I even thought about dropping a spare 340 I have into it. But after tuning it up and driving it around, I am thrilled with it's good road manners and dependability. The power isn't terrible at all. I can get a little tire spin out of it from a standstill and it passes reasonably well on the freeway. I was really dismissing the 318 as a worthless motor before but I am so happy with the car as a cruiser now that I no longer consider modifying it for extra power.

7E-Bodies

I'd done some research on the 390 stroker system for the 318. I'd definitely try that on a rebuild.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ledphoot

If it runs good and gets out of its own way I'd leave it alone.

Convertibles are for cruising. I would not make it an all-out hot rod.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I see a convt. as being quite acceptable as a lo-po cruiser as well.
Sheldon

JS29

I am with sheldon on the idea that a uni-body high performance convertible is not the way to go.  :alan2cents: