Main Menu

1970-71 Challenger Belt molding Clips ??

Started by anlauto, July 31, 2019, 05:42:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So I have a new customer with a 1971 Challenger that has factory belt moldings (missing one fender piece and the hood piece) So it's not a complete set. HE DOES NOT WANT THEM BACK ON THE CAR  :D
HOWEVER
Assuming that ALL the clips are there, factory correct, not broken or rusted to crap.....

What is the value of the clip set sold separately ?

What is the value of the five pieces he does have, assuming they're not all dented or scratched to hell ?

I'm trying to help him sell off the stuff he doesn't want to pay for the parts he will need.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tparker

I need some. I'd say $1 a pop.  :bigthumb: But apparently other people think they are worth ALOT more just cause they don't make them anymore. I'd be interested in the going price, but I suspect he can probably get more out of someone else than he can with me.

1 Wild R/T

Have you removed the clips from the car yet?   It's not easy but it's certainly doable...   It's been years but I remember using a deep socket & an extension to slip over the clip from inside the door & quarter to squeeze the wings together..

headejm

As discussed here several times, the clips are basically impossible to find. On Challengers, there are three separate clip part numbers just for the door and quarter trim. I've seen only one style of the clips available for $15 each. I felt that was too expensive and passed on them.

The trim pieces should have good value. The repop front valance trim piece alone sells for $250.

Husk Challenger

I understand why all this trims that were on my car are missing....  :looney:
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

anlauto

The owner of the car is dismantling it mostly himself before I get it, so I hope he doesn't just destroy them....I explained how they have value. :fingerscrossed:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

Put them on eBay. You may be surprised. Getting the clips off ALL INTACT will be a trick. I use a small deep socket with an extension from underneath to squeeze the wings in while I GENTLY pry up on top. There are multiple unique clips. Three I think plus the ones from both ends with the screws. I have looked hard for the trim and clips for many years in order to find a ser for one car that my son has. I've seen complete sets of the trim on eBay asking well over $1000. It's been awhile and don't remember if it has clips. I MAY have a complete set of everything after I get his car back together. I would not consider asking anything less than that if I sold mine right now. Good luck.

VermontMopar

I picked some up for my 70 Convertible several years ago for the SE belt moldings on the door and recall not needing to use them all.   So,   I may have a couple downstairs (along with a bunch of other clips).... but I can't remember what they look like.   Anyone have a photo th share and then I can see if they still in this box full of various clips?   

Vt Mopar

headejm

There are actually 3 different clips used. Here are two of them. The third one is similar to the smaller one shown.

Challenger in NC

@VermontMopar
PM sent

Last year I lucked out and found this package of clips from a guy on Facebook selling challenger belt moulding. This, along with a couple of the larger style quarter window clips., will help me attach moulding to one door.  Anyone have any door clips (like the top two in the photo) they are willing to sell?