Main Menu

1970 challenger convert R/T wiw

Started by 71cudaddict, December 05, 2018, 11:51:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Yes: That gold clunker at half is $25k, that makes this one worth $45k anyday by my math.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

My buddy had a F8 383 4speed R/T vert with decent paint but needing a new top and a few other things which he sold for 32K a few years ago.  I told him he let it go too cheap, and if I had space I would have snatched it up myself as a decent 4 speed R/T vert is damn hard to find!
40-45K should be a fair value.

340challconvert

Nuff Said
If you can get the car for low 40's grab it
Challenger RT verts w 4 sp and AC are very hard to find.
Long run; it will be worth more, especially if the body is truly rust free!
:alan2cents: :alan2cents:
At this point' just my 4 cents!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

ragtopdodge

If minimal rust, and #s match, and paperwork, anything under $50k is real good IMHO.

Done, that car would be close to $95k.

anlauto

Big block 4 speed convertibles are on the rise... :alan2cents: trouble is...$45K buy in, $80K restoration to have a $95K car.....It's much better off as a $45K buy in...drive and enjoy :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on December 07, 2018, 11:27:09 AM
Big block 4 speed convertibles are on the rise... :alan2cents: trouble is...$45K buy in, $80K restoration to have a $95K car.....It's much better off as a $45K buy in...drive and enjoy :alan2cents:

Yes agreed. Plan on putting $5k into (hopefully) get it roadworthy and enjoy it for several years.

cudaragtop

RT Convertible, Go-Mango, White Power Top, 4-speed, AC
Buy-It!
:cheers:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

71cudaddict

Should have some news next week thanks for all the lnput

Morty426

Guscuda

I wouldn't sell it for a penny under $50k, anybody who disagrees are just not paying attention to the fact that any ebody vert in anything other than a project starts at $30k. This being a true js car in what appears to be in good shape bumps it to $50 easily.

RUNCHARGER

It appears that restoring this car would be a whole lot of money for a very miniscule gain. It looks like it would be a great car with minor maintenance and touch ups required. Maybe the photos don't tell the whole story.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

I'd jump on it in the mid 40's but Aniauto is right about restoration. If you want a flawless show car, it costs $50k plus ($80k probably more like it) and it makes more sense to buy it already done. But of course you could say that about any car and no one is gonna sell a real RT convertible for $10k just because restoration costs are so high.

I'd buy it, get it in dependable condition and clean it up cosmetically for a really fun driver. I don't know about everywhere else but in Southern California, ratty driver cars draw big attention for some reason. Daily drivers get attention too but not as much and oddly enough, they seem to ignore the show cars. A fad I'm sure. You can always restore it later.

6bblgt

I think the barn find/rat fad are all about the money (or the perception of what value is sitting there & what it cost)

people see them and think I can afford one like this, these were purchased for pennies on the dollar out of said barn .....

but that is often not the case - I know someone who drags around a barn find and draws huge crowds & receives plenty of accolades, but if he told everyone he spent 6-figures on the car - many would be shaking their heads & claim the owner is crazy  :looney:

70 Challenger Lover

Yeah I don't get it. I've had friends ask me if I can spray some clear over their rust bucket to preserve it. If only it were that simple.

71cudaddict

Meeting Wednesday morning hopefully we can make a deal.