Main Menu

1970 Challenger Convertible - Opinions

Started by erik70rt, January 30, 2018, 06:28:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

I've been following this car for months on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-R-T/323003644819?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Price seemed a little high to me, but last night I called the owner to get more info. 

The trunk pans, lower quarters, fenders, hood and valences have been replaced.  By the look if the job in the trunk, I am concerned about the rest of the patches. 

None of the suspension was changed.  It still has the 318 bars and springs with no sway bar. 

3.23 Open 8 3/4 rear

14" rims

Air shocks on the rear

all mouldings are new

Interior has been redone

Power top works

No drips or leaks

Thought the 440 is a 70 block but didn't know anything about the rebuild. 

I told him I would like to come take a look this weekend, but I am having second thoughts. 

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

scf100

that one is a tribute.....guy posted   he has an original triple black 70 Challenger RT he could not sell for 50k on ebay

he may be interested in selling now.....
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Cuda_mark

I think the car is worth taking a look at.

erik70rt

Quote from: scf100 on January 30, 2018, 06:57:06 AM
that one is a tribute.....guy posted yesterday on ebody facebook page he has an original triple black 70 Challenger RT he could not sell for 50k on ebay

he may be interested in selling now.....

I know it's a tribute and I would pull off all the R/T logos.  He mentioned some Road Runners to me.  Said nothing about another Challenger.  I'm not looking for another big project, and only for a convertible. 

scf100

I think this triple black 70 Challenger vert real RT 383 car is a better investment

erik70rt

Is that one listed?  Do you have a link?  I looked at Facebook and didn't see it.

scf100

scf100

erik70rt

scf100

Quote from: erik70rt on January 31, 2018, 06:22:37 AM
I am going to look at this one Saturday. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-BIG-BLOCK-383-e-body-/112769698872?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=XHLaIsxU%252FfS08k0UMFUG7nemcBQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

the car your going to look at is a plain jane 383 2 barrel car.....not a real R/T i think?...ASK SOMEONE HEAR ABOUT THIS.....

LOB is engine code which is............
-
Body Type
Engine
Model Year
As o s .org - o s
- o s.org
Sale Codes
(Options)
Engine Code
Transmission
Car Line
Price Classsembly Plant
Serial Number
Paint Color
Roof, Convertible
or Vinyl Top Color
Trim Scheduled
Production Date
Vehicle Order
Number
Upper Door
L0B
L - 383 V8 Single 2 Barrel Carburetor (8 Cylinder)
0 - 1970 Model Year (F-Series)
B - Hamtramck, MI

erik70rt

I know it is a 383 2BBL car.  One of 211 built.  I talked to the owner last night for a bit.  I am looking for a nice convertible - doesn't have to be an R/T.  And no, this one is not an R/T even though it has R/T badging on it. 

I've already decoded the fender tag and know what has been changed like the color, stripes, badges, 4BBL, exhaust etc.

scf100

Quote from: erik70rt on January 31, 2018, 06:50:14 AM
I know it is a 383 2BBL car.  One of 211 built.  I talked to the owner last night for a bit.  I am looking for a nice convertible - doesn't have to be an R/T.  And no, this one is not an R/T even though it has R/T badging on it. 

I've already decoded the fender tag and know what has been changed like the color, stripes, badges, 4BBL, exhaust etc.

I gotcha.........and I agree with ya.....just trying to help......did not want you to pay R/T price if not real......nice looking car tho

340challconvert

Challenger big block convertibles in decent condition are getting harder and harder to find at a decent price! :bigmoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

ragtopdodge