Main Menu

1970 challenger NOS fenders

Started by atdoray, January 08, 2021, 03:18:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

@71vert340
Driver side is production line.
Passenger side is over the counter.

The notch itself is the same. The circled areas are what's different.
Slot, square nut and hood bumper.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71vert340

@Cuda Hunter. Thanks. I thought I'd seen this topic before. I didn't realize it was going on 3 years ago. Back on the original topic question. I'd guess you could get at least double, maybe triple or more what a repro fender would cost. I sold two pairs of fenders that really needed work for several hundred dollars because the buyers didn't want to use repro fenders.  If I were doing a high end restoration on a rare car, I'd pay the high dollars to get your fenders.
Terry W.

71vert340

340challconvert

Fenders for 70-71 Challengers are an interesting topic.

I bought two original NOS fenders in 1980 in anticipating eventually restoring my early 70 A66 Challenger, not knowing about any differences in them.
The pair I bought way back when are 624-625 fenders and have the notch for the 71 model grill and are listed as TA replacement fenders in the later body repair catalogs.

I sold the original driver's side fender over 20 years ago (wish I had not) It needed the proverbial patch at the bottom.
The location of the holes and hood bumper are of course in different locations (NOS replacement vs my original)
I debate with just repairing the bottom of the original right side fender and using it, while modifying the 624 to match better.

Or just use both the 624-625 fenders and not worry about it. I have an A66 Convertible (not super rare, but I always prefer as close to stock as possible)
I am glad I have the option and do not have to resort to the repro's.

I think I postured on this in an older post!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Fender Chart

Cuda_mark

What about cars with radio delete that had 14" wheels? Did the factory ever make no rolled lip fenders without the antenna hole punched in it?

340challconvert

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 14, 2021, 08:33:17 AM
What about cars with radio delete that had 14" wheels? Did the factory ever make no rolled lip fenders without the antenna hole punched in it?
Not sure, but I think there was a dummy chrome plate that went into the unused antenna hole?  My NOS rt side fender has no antenna hole.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 340challconvert on January 14, 2021, 10:56:09 AM
Not sure, but I think there was a dummy chrome plate that went into the unused antenna hole?  My NOS rt side fender has no antenna hole.

Did NOS fenders not come with antenna holes then? Reason I am asking is I bought an NOS fender a handful of years back and it didn't have an antenna hole.

340challconvert

Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 14, 2021, 11:16:07 AM

Did NOS fenders not come with antenna holes then? Reason I am asking is I bought an NOS fender a handful of years
back and it didn't have an antenna hole.
Looks like NOS fenders had no hole for the antenna! :thinking:

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 340challconvert on January 14, 2021, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on January 14, 2021, 11:16:07 AM

Did NOS fenders not come with antenna holes then? Reason I am asking is I bought an NOS fender a handful of years
back and it didn't have an antenna hole.
Looks like NOS fenders had no hole for the antenna! :thinking:

What about repop's from places like AMD or china? Did those typically have antenna holes?