Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT V-Code six pack

Started by Cuda Cody, January 07, 2017, 05:41:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

What am I missing?   :notsure:  This looks like a really nice car for the money?   :huh:  And he's willing to take offers?

[ebay]172471463398[/ebay]

fc7cuda

Build sheet too. Good looking car.  Won't last long.. :alan2cents:

Tom

Cuda Cody

That's what I thought.  He's got that priced to sell.  Still would want to crawl around it if I was going to buy it.  But someone should be getting a good deal on that car if it's not a rust bucket.

Quote from: fc7cuda on January 07, 2017, 06:16:02 PM
Build sheet too. Good looking car.  Won't last long.. :alan2cents:

Tom

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

i'm thinking a combo of things, but should still go close to that price. 'trunk floor replaced at one time' ... so quarter(s) replaced at some point too? or did they do the trick of removing the lower back panel and sliding it in from back? or 2 piece it? no under-body shots and it was a body-on semi resto @ 12 yrs ago. so while it looks good in pics, it probably needs a full resto.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

headejm

That's the kind of car you pay $55k for and drive the snot out of it with a big smile on your face. Otherwise you'll spend $40k to redo it and then you have a $95k non numbers matching car. Albeit a beautiful FC7 R/T with a nice looking interior.

anlauto

:iagree: Not worth restoring after a $55K buy in... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

ec_co

I couldn't agree more. I think someone will buy it at close to that price and drive the crap out of it without worries. but if buying it to restore, they'll be upside down before signing the check
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  It's a buy and drive situation only.

anlauto

So here's a question that I ask all the time.....You buy this car at $55K (a big investment for most) could you be happy with the flaws ? Would you be happy just driving the wheels off of it and not really worry about it ?

I couldn't.....not for a $55K investment....

If I spend that kind of money, I would want it to be perfect, something I would be proud to take to any show...BUT THAT'S JUST ME :drinkingbud:

Cuda Cody

I hear what you're saying.  I would want it to be perfect too.  But if I already had a show car that was perfect, then I would be okay with this one as a driver.  But if this Challenger was my only E-Body, then I would want to make it super nice and end up wasting money. 

anlauto

If I spend $55K on something to drive, it would be a new Challenger or a Ram..... :alan2cents:

headejm

$55k is a lot of money. For me to spend $55k, it would have to be numbers matching. It would be more interesting and fun to turn a $20k numbers matching car into a $55k numbers matching car.  :alan2cents: