Main Menu

1970 challenger

Started by Moprr, September 26, 2018, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moprr

Hi guys I was wondering if I can get your guys honest opinion of how much I can get for my project as is.  I've had it for a long time and I don't think I would be touching it for a few more years if I kept it.  I think for now I would just want to buy a toy I can drive right away newer or older not sure yet.  It is a base challenger that was blasted all rust removed and new panels installed as needed the unibody has been stiffened with torque boxes rad support etc.    The paint and body I would classify as nice cruise night quality not show.  This was a restomod project the power train is a 5.7 HEMI which has only 1000km and a brand new Tko 600 with QuickTime bellhousing.  I have all the original stainless trim. No front seats but have the back and original interior panels.  Dash has usual cracks.  I have hotchkis rear  springs and upper control arms and borgeson steering box.  K frame and lower control arms are stiffened and powdercoated.  Here are some pics any input is appreciated thanks.  I don't need to sell this but work and family are priority right now.  I am sure I am forgetting many parts I have in boxes. 

anlauto

Lots of people wanting to go in that direction...I would like to say $25K+ but a lot of people don't see the value in a project.....They think they can buy a basket case and get it to the same level as yours for less money....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ratroaster

A long ways from being done.....you would be in way over your head for 25K......but that's not out of the ordinary.

303 Mopar

Unfortunately a project in pieces will not get you much, and you are missing a lot of key parts not to mention all the things to make that 5.7 run. I would say you will be lucky to get anything close to $18k. 

anlauto

Yea, that's kinda my point.....It's a tough deal to sell.  I said $25K is likely what someone would have to invest to get an average project car to the condition yours is in, but most buyers don't believe that until they get there and then they think..."holy crap" this hobby is expensive ! and I still have a long way to go... :crying:

If someone could pick up yours, with all your parts for $10K-$15K they would be way ahead of the game if you ask me, but they would also have to really like the work you've done so far, because re-doing it wouldn't make sense either...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Moprr

I actually have  a Mopar Dyno harness and computer which is a standalone system.  Aluminum rad all the mounts oil pan etc.  I know it's a hard sell but just looking for opinions thanks

RUNCHARGER

Do you guys think he would get more money selling the modern stuff and the body separately?
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

The paint is to personalized & you'll need the right buyer that appreciates it... Repainting is a huge cost that you've already incurred but allot of guys won't want to pay for it....

Put the car away till you have the time to focus on it... :alan2cents:

Timbbuc2

I agree on what everyone is saying, but it depends on the potential buyer. There are people out there that can turn a wrench but don't have the knowledge/skills to do body work and don't want to pay big bucks for one. I, bought close to this package deal, but still missing a some parts. The thing is I really enjoy working on my car. What I would do is put this on ebay for the number you are looking for and see what happens. Who knows you might find the perfect person.
Get in, I'll drive

Jim Betts

First don't post on Fee bay they charge a listing fee, last time was 125 even if it doesn't sell. If it sells they take a % based on the selling price. If you want to sell it and get your money back ( so to speak ) your best bet is get it running, The closer you can get it as a driver the better chance you will have to sell it. Other wise you end up giving it away. They might not be making the Ebodies anymore , but you can buy a bad ass new challenger for the cost of restoring our beloved cars, without the headache and time required to get a restoration done. 15k  would be a number that's probably fair with out all the facts, but I would not sell mine for that price, to be honest for 15k as a buyer I would be looking for something more complete and hopefully running and not another car taking up garage or driveway space on a long term basis. I mean that with no disrespect, I've been in your shoes as the buyer and seller. Not enough money to afford what I really wanted to buy so I bought what I could afford at the time. Now as I am older the time I used to dedicate to wrenching is being used on other things, so the project is not my priority, it used to be. If your not enjoying the car get something that you can enjoy. Never sell because you have to, but selling for family is a noble reason, and it should help a little when the sting of selling something you care for. I wish you good luck.