Main Menu

HemiCuda emblems

Started by RUNCHARGER, November 27, 2018, 05:58:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

What are nice, real, Chrysler made HemiCuda emblems worth these days? I see it doesn't even look like repros are available. These were bought from a Chrysler dealer around 1980 or so and used for a few months. No they aren't for sale just curious.
Sheldon

Topcat

Reproductions are apparently available still.

https://www.mopar9999.com/fcstore2008/shop/item.aspx?itemid=619

I'm guessing $150-$200 each for OEM.

Cuda_mark

I bought a set of supposed "real" ones at Carlisle 4 years ago for $100

My guess is that they are reproduction but I'm not sure how to tell for sure. I've heard that the originals had more of a satin finish whereas the repops had a glossier finish.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda_mark on November 28, 2018, 07:41:14 AM

My guess is that they are reproduction but I'm not sure how to tell for sure. I've heard that the originals had more of a satin finish whereas the repops had a glossier finish.

Do they have a penstar or Chrysler number on them?
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Spikedog08 on November 28, 2018, 01:32:08 PM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on November 28, 2018, 07:41:14 AM

Do they have a penstar or Chrysler number on them?

Yes but I thought even the re-pops had pentastars and part numbers.

RUNCHARGER

I'm not so sure the repros are available. I don't see them available where I looked. I phoned Roseville today and they did not have stock. Greg ordered a set over a year ago and hasn't received them yet. I told him I'd give him mine but was thinking maybe if I could find him a set of repros that might be better than giving away my real ones. Oh well.
Sheldon

Topcat

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 28, 2018, 05:40:27 PM
I'm not so sure the repros are available. I don't see them available where I looked.

Did you call Firestone Collectables link I showed you?
If they're out, they need to pull that down.

When I bought mine, it seemed like they weren't as many ads as I recall before...A year or 2 prior. 

RUNCHARGER

I read that those ones are used repros and I just buy from dealers I've dealt with before. Dante doesn't show them, Roseville doesn't have them, Mr Moparts doesn't show them, Canada Moparts doesn't show them, Classic doesn't show them and even One Year doesn't show them.
Sheldon

Cuda_mark

Does anyone know if the re-pops had the Chrysler part number and penta?

mike ketterer

yes the repops have pentastar and part numbers. i have three sets. i sent sheldons cell pictures

RUNCHARGER

Yup: Gottem, thanks Mike. I looked over the Firestone ones again, seems to be a guy selling stuff on the side I think.
Thanks for the help everyone.
Sheldon