Main Menu

1970 Cuda AAR door and misc parts value?

Started by pbajeff, July 17, 2018, 06:59:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pbajeff

I have a door and some misc stuff that came off of a 70 AAR. Curious what they might be worth.
Need to generate some cash to work on the other car.  :))

These parts are off an AAR car that was wrecked back in the early 70s and have been sitting in a barn since.
I have checked Barry`s list just to verify that the vin number is not on there.
The brakes and steering column - is there a number or way to verify what they are off of?

The door is complete minus glass and window crank. There is some surface rust starting on the bottom edge.
The door was removed by torching the door hinges loose at the body. Overall good shape.

Disc brake calipers and spindles - one housing is broke I assume in the wreck.

The steering column looks fair except they also cut the shaft with a torch instead of unbolting it.

pbajeff

Brakes

FlatlandTA

Are they the correct calipers? Any pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatlandTA

No calipers the rotors ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbajeff

Steering Column

pbajeff

Yes, just the spindles and rotors. Do not have the calipers.

MoparDave

:alan2cents: that column looks to be scrap as the can did what it was suppose to do, crush on impact. and is collapsed and bent.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

It will take some time, but I think you would be very lucky to get $400 for everything :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup. Kind of parts to use as parts on other parts.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

pbajeff

No, the shell is long gone. I got all this stuff thrown in with the other car I bought.
He was trying to clean out all the stuff he had accumulated.
Also have 3 extra front fenders, but they are pretty rusted up. Going to hold on to them for time being.

cuda hunter

Would any of those fenders have a rolled lip?
I'd be interested if so.

I figured the car was gone but had to ask.

I don't think the JOB sticker makes the door worth more.

However an AAR Purist might want all these parts at face value to put back on an AAR.  Nothing like correct parts. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparDave

Shipping the door will be pricy, the column is scrap based on the damage,  the one spindle is probably tweaked as well since the hat is broken. The nostalgia knowing the parts came of an AAR is cool but the J code really doesn't have much value with out the rest of the car. So, take what you can get.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

pbajeff

Thanks for the replies.
I got all this stuff thrown in with the car so wasnt sure if it was of any value to anyone or not so wanted to see if anyone here could use any of it.
Just now getting it all kind of organized to see what i have and what is missing. Maybe some trade material.

cuda hunter
None of the fenders have the rolled lip.

cuda hunter

Take pics and list em up in the parts for sale.  I bet you sell a few pieces anyway.

Thanks!