1970 K Frame

Started by 440WB, April 20, 2018, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

440WB

going to list it - 1970 K Frame -

wiw?

I see Ebag from 300 - 950?

anlauto

$150 ?  It's just the basic small block K Frame ? There's no skid plate or anything special about it other then having a nice media blast job...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

440WB

Quote from: anlauto on April 20, 2018, 01:53:28 PM
$150 ?  It's just the basic small block K Frame ? There's no skid plate or anything special about it other then having a nice media blast job...

question - how to tell small block from big block?

I have a couple more -
want to ID them.

Thanks

Chryco Psycho

All V8 K frames are similar except the Hemi which used different mounts , no real difference but if they had the deeper oil pan on a big block or Hemi there is a skid plate welded in the center of the K frame to protect the oil pan , some have the # id on them like the one you pictured which can be significant also , I don't have a list of those #s though but someone here will

anlauto

The coin has #12 for 2962012 1970 E Body 318 340 383 Early.....
...but it will fit many applications.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Quote from: 440WB on April 20, 2018, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: anlauto on April 20, 2018, 01:53:28 PM

question - how to tell small block from big block?

I have a couple more -
want to ID them.

Thanks

I was just looking at this a couple days ago. http://www.engine-swaps.com/Pages/ProductsType/K-Frames.html

Topcat

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 20, 2018, 02:29:53 PM
All V8 K frames are similar except the Hemi which used different mounts , no real difference but if they had the deeper oil pan on a big block or Hemi there is a skid plate welded in the center of the K frame to protect the oil pan , some have the # id on them like the one you pictured which can be significant also , I don't have a list of those #s though but someone here will

:iagree:

But also add...the /6 K frame was different as well.   :yes:

RUNCHARGER

Easy to sell locally because it is clean. I agree with Alan, $150 or therabouts.
Sheldon