Main Menu

1970 Road Runner Value ?

Started by anlauto, July 19, 2019, 06:57:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Someone I don't know has asked me to help sell there LimeLite 1970 Road Runner. I have no idea about the car, I've never seen it either. I did list it on my web site for sale to try and help him out. http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/Road-Runner-For-Sale.html

In my opinion I told him the asking price was pretty high (about $34K USD)....What do you guys think it would/could sell for either in USD or CDN ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

If it is in good shape inside and out, $34K is a reasonable asking price.  If it isn't an original limelight car, that may reduce the selling price.  Most '68 - '70 383 Roadrunners in nice shape go for $34 to $38K.

70 Challenger Lover

A friend of mine has always wanted a 69 so I've been following the market on them for years. The 70 doesn't get quite as much as a 69 but it is very close. If it's a nice car, I wouldn't go a penny below $30k. I'm unable to open the link for some reason but price factors are the same as e body cars. People pay a lot more for sticks, 440s, certain colors, bucket interiors, and of course air grabbers.

benlavigne

Wow, that car has been on CarsOnLine for over 3 years!
I tried to go see it at least twice, car was stored till June, owner was away, etc... I think he could at least do an effort to be available to show it! There was not much documentation either if I recall correctly...
I wanted to see it, because I thought the price was fair from the pictures (30K US then), even with incorrect seat cover on the bench seat. It would look better with bigger tires on 15'' wheels.
I've actually bought and sold three cars since, and this one is still for sale, so I don't understand why he'd raise the price...

Ben

bcbassfishing

Quote from: benlavigne on July 19, 2019, 08:08:36 PM
Wow, that car has been on CarsOnLine for over 3 years!
I tried to go see it at least twice, car was stored till June, owner was away, etc... I think he could at least do an effort to be available to show it! There was not much documentation either if I recall correctly...
I wanted to see it, because I thought the price was fair from the pictures (30K US then), even with incorrect seat cover on the bench seat. It would look better with bigger tires on 15'' wheels.
I've actually bought and sold three cars since, and this one is still for sale, so I don't understand why he'd raise the price...

Ben

I hear ya on the frustration being unable to view vehicles that are for sale.    Raising the price is usually counter productive on a sale especially if it has been advertised for awhile just my two cents (.5 american money) but what does some dumb redneck like me know.

70chall440

I think it is too high for a 383 AT on the column, but I would say high 20's to maybe 30 would get it assuming its clean.
Mopar or no car!!!

303 Mopar

Quote from: 70chall440 on July 19, 2019, 10:01:34 PM
I think it is too high for a 383 AT on the column, but I would say high 20's to maybe 30 would get it assuming its clean.

:iagree:  No Air Grabber either, so mid to high $20's is all it worth.

70 Challenger Lover

Southern California must be a completely different market then because you could never buy a nice car like that here for mid 20s even with the lack of options. A clone sure. A mediocre driver sure. But a real road runner in nice condition? I don't see them around here for that. I do see cars like this in trashy project states for $15k though.

torredcuda

Not great options but if it`s an original color I could see high 20`s to maybe 30k but if it`s been for sale that long something probably wrong with it.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/