Main Menu

1971 challenger R/T

Started by IMNCARN82, June 29, 2024, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

My girl found this parked outside. We stopped by I made her go to the door. Turns out.  All original. Original owner. Has bil of sale.  Full documentation.  Dad left it but no interest. They recently parked it outside to make room for more kids toys...4 kids.ect.  Family is finally ready to sell.  Anyways.  Mom says 42,350. Got down 3K Uhg.  What do u think?
We are first in line.  She is old can't haggle.  She's in Illinois.
383 auto...
I test drove it. Drives like 45,000 mi car.  Tight. Pretty dry. Surface mostly. A little behind the hood springs.  Pics are of the worst.  Original paint. Frames all look good.
No bubbles inter the vinyl top. But notice the b pillar seam. It's an Illinois car but always garaged. Until now. New radiator and battery obviously...

What shld I do ?
round tail lights forever !!

Skdmark

How does inside the trunk and wheel wells look?

Assuming numbers matching, I would say 45-50k.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

E74cuda

I think it's a pretty fair price. They don't all need to be restored. It seems like a car that someone can use as is and make little improvements to make the car better

cuda hunter

They are on the money. IMHO.
Don't find many "survivor" cars. 
I'd drop 35K cash in their lap and see if they take it.
Looks like your girl really likes the car.  Her smile is probably worth the other 7500.00 if she's a driver...
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

headejm

" I'd drop 35K cash in their lap and see if they take it."
 :alan2cents:  :alan2cents:  :alan2cents:
I like that approach. Buy it and drive it.

Otherwise, paint, bodywork, odds and ends, etc. adds up to $30 - $40k additional minimum. All depends on what you want to do with the car. If the rust doesn't bother you, great. If it bothers you, looking at bodywork and a paint job.

Probably a $45-$50k car with no rust and good paint. It looks very nice and has a desirable color. Buy it and see if you love it. If not, sell it and get your money back.

headejm

Also, check for rust under the vinyl top.

RUNCHARGER

I think that will look really good once cleaned up. I would keep it as-is as well. Please buy it and save it from that unappreciative woman. That car deserves better than being kicked outside in the weather. It won't lose value in the future as long as it's kept under cover when not being driven.
Sheldon

IMNCARN82

Sorry.  Been having technical difficulties here.  Uhg. 
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU  all for the responses. I've done all I can here to save this car.

So the car is here in Colorado.  Getting cooked everyday.  BAD.   And the guy won't do anything. He's in the middle between 85 yr old mom. And me. He's a lawyer. Don't care.  Uhg.  I'm basically freaking out. It's cooking.

I'm scraping up the 40K but that's it. Not 42.  I'll pay the 350 for her bring a trailer garbage.  Uhg. But HE SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT IT OUTSIDE!!!!   
I'm furious.  And tip toeing through the bull.  Meanwhile.  Uhg. 

So ya. That's where I'm at.  Gonna get it under cover and deal with it as I can. Will definitely need the factory look guys help with this one.

I knew this was the place to go for advice. Thanks again. Good to hear from you!!! 

IMNCARN82

Sorry ...  :vipermanhiding: forgot to mention....   

I'm a car whisperer...

6bblgt

good looking car - it does NOT need or deserve a restoration (clean, detail, repair, preserve)

E-bodies do NOT have a B-pillar (A is the windshield-pillar & C is the rear glass-pillar)

IMNCARN82

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 30, 2024, 09:04:46 AMI think that will look really good once cleaned up. I would keep it as-is as well. Please buy it and save it from that unappreciative woman. That car deserves better than being kicked outside in the weather. It won't lose value in the future as long as it's kept under cover when not being driven.

With you....  Eh ONLY reason I'm even involved is his wife told us their reserve was 30K.  So I thought sure 35.  Then granny said 45 and I was like no way. Uhg.  I'd just clean it up as I go and have fun...