Main Menu

1971 challenger R/T

Started by IMNCARN82, June 29, 2024, 04:22:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

Will be up on bring a trailer after the dash cracks....  :barf:
round tail lights forever !!

IMNCARN82

Getting it on the lift tomorrow...  finally !!    Will take pics and keep u posted.... :takemymoney:   

cuda hunter

Nice!!   Can't wait to see some details about the car. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

IMNCARN82

Well... you're right on with the price.  For me.  35K. 36K.  That's it.  It's been repainted. Old paint is "checking".  Small cracks.  Rust. But not too bad. Original engine/trans.
Great starting point for me.  Considering no roof replacement needed...
Frames are solid and straight. Newer exhaust,W/P,starter.... Ect. 

Drives good. Solid.  Doors are great! Great glass and interior.  Very complete. Trunk floor and cowl are good.  Trunk returns are great!

Just minor damage to the front valance.  And rear bumper. Grille is perfect.

Don't get me wrong.  There's a lot of work. But I'm ok at 35K. 

What do u guys think ?

RUNCHARGER

Yup $35k is the right price and clean up what's there so you (I think your wife actually by the smile on her face) can drive and enjoy it. If you want a perfectly painted/restore beauty it'll cost tons to bring it up to that level although all the parts are there (well mostly anyway). The only way it's worth making a showcar (and they aren't really drivable) is if you're capable of doing the paint and body yourself and don't put cash value on your hours.
Sheldon

IMNCARN82

More...

cuda hunter

That baby is sweet!
Fix those couple little rust areas and clean the hell outta that car and it'll be a great car!!

Does it retain it's broadcast sheet? 
Perhaps it still has it's window sticker or order form?
Any other factory documentation?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

IMNCARN82

Has original bill of sale. I would love to have it.  I'd save it.  My plan would be to pull the original engine. Shoot the bay. Get a good 383/440 with efi 4 barrel.  Then drive it and fix it down low. Save money. Then go for paint.  Leave the top,glass,trim...  add power discs.  15x10" wheels out back. Tires. Full Hotchkis level 2. Oh I'm dreamn. But u get the idea. 

I am fully capable of show paint. And anything on this car no problem.

IMNCARN82

Here's some of my work....
Just messn around tho. My buddies girls nova. I rolled it in glitter....
Cuda held its own.

Sorry for the terrible pix. Time for a new phonO

cuda hunter

Your work is phenomenal.
I truly enjoyed following your build.

IMNCARN82

Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you guys.  Would love to share the challenger journey with everyone here. hope he sells it to us because I don't know of a better owner. Ha.