Main Menu

1973 barracuda grand coupe.

Started by Gizmo327, July 29, 2019, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Gizmo327

Looking  for advice. Newbie her in the Mopar world. Looking at car in my local area. Original color was some sort of green but has been repainted plum crazy purple. The trunk pan needs replacing but floor look solid. The is evidence of body filler in the rear quarters and fenders. Has a 440 auto installed and comes with a spare 440 and transmission that will require rebuilding. As well as a spare  383 pod (not sure what that means) interior needs work. Seats and headliner needs work and a previous owner put screws through the door panels to hold them on so that will need to be replaced but would be low on the list. The owner won't go less then $26k CAN (20-21 USD). Are they really worth that much or they asking too much ? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich G.

Unless the body is rust free and the paint is good and the car is complete it sounds high to me. Not original and not much info on what the car actually has in it. There not cheap or going down in price either.

6bblgt

For 1973 they are either barracuda BH or 'Cuda BS

No gran coupe for '73

cuda hunter

Sounds like a high price.  That fender tag might shed some light on the asking price.

Is there a build sheet?  Can you drive this car? 

If the trunk needs replaced I would say the price is high.  But pics make a huge difference for us! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

nsmall

Please post some pics.  Body work and paint cost a fortune.  Unless its all there (not missing tons of parts) and the drive train works great and it doesnt need brakes, front end rebuilt, tires, new interior, glass, then maybe its a fair deal. 

Are you just looking for a driver?

1 Wild R/T

Walk Away...  Better Yet.. Run!!!!!   :alan2cents:

Gizmo327

Gizmo327

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 29, 2019, 05:01:11 PM
For 1973 they are either barracuda BH or 'Cuda BS

No gran coupe for '73

I was calling it a grand coupe because that is what was marked on the door panels that assume where replaced at some point

6bblgt

it started life as a 318 Barracuda w/rallye gauges, "sport" hood & WHITE "sport" stripes!
& it's another JF1 "mist green" & WHITE 1973 Plymouth E-body

https://forum.e-bodies.org/e-body-stuff-found-on-ebay-craigslist-or-anywhere-else/20/fake-or-not-73-cuda/12269/msg166659#msg166659

70 Challenger Lover

Considering what it is and the work involved, it sounds more like high teens. Maybe 20k. There are super nice 73 Cudas to be had for not much more than he wants for one needing a lot of work.

RUNCHARGER

$26k is around $19K US. I wouldn't buy it but he isn't far off these days. You are better off spending a bit more to get a way better car by the sound of it.
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 30, 2019, 07:11:00 AM
$26k is around $19K US. I wouldn't buy it but he isn't far off these days. You are better off spending a bit more to get a way better car by the sound of it.

I always forget about the currency difference

Gizmo327

Thanks for the input guys. The more I think about it if I have to replace the rear quarters I'm into a paint job anyways. Better of spending more for something better repaint if it's not the color I want. The wife really wants a plum crazy purple. So that's what I have been searching for due to I practically have the go ahead if it's that color, but priced reasonably. Not looking fir a numbers matching that I'll have to take out a small mortgage for lol

70 Challenger Lover

Here's a nice plum crazy car for you. I'm betting the reserve is 20k. This one is a 1970, numbers matching, a 440 and a four speed. Yeah it's a project but it looks like it has great bones and the best part is the car will be worth a lot when you're done. This is a car worth having. Not saying you will ever come out ahead on a project in the end but you will be a lot less upside down.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113832402494

Fastmark

I buy and sell a lot of 70-74 e bodies and have done it for years. It's amazing what will sell now days. They are in high demand. Barracudas bring more than Challengers. There more Challengers out there available so they bring less money. The  70 Barracudas that I have listed have sold very quickly. Some before I could even get them ready to sell.  The local guys found out I was selling them off. With just the info you have given, I would consider that high. Especially for a 72 up ebody. For comparison, I've got a 73 Barracuda 318 auto with air,  that I will be selling when I get a little more work done on it. Right now I finishing up work for other customers. It's a Texas car so rust is very minimal. It does need a trunk pan and one quarter from improper repair. It's original petty blue with white stripe and interior. It's needs complete restoration but I'll be asking $9500. If it was a  70, it would bring $15,000. It's worth the trip to come to Texas to buy a car. I'm hesitant to buy a car from anywhere in the rust belt. I just advised a buddy on a car. There were several cars that had the options he wanted. Three were from places I knew were rustbelt states and had been restored. Pictures are just not good enough for most cars to determine how rusty they were or how the panel replacement was. We settled on a car that had original panels and rustfree, with very good pictures that satisfied me. I'm picky. And yes it cost more than the other cars.