Main Menu

2010 mopar 10 challenger special edition

Started by Bpret, March 06, 2019, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bpret

Does anyone have any idea what a 2010 mopar 10 challenger is worth? 72,000 miles, silver stripe, manual trans. With the low production are these collectible yet?

7212Mopar

I would say a long way from collection status. They made too many. May be the Demon would be an exception. However that might change when the supercharge 426 HEMI comes out.  My 2012 Yellow Jacket was a limited edition and only has 26000 miles. Price is still falling.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ec_co

depends on where you live, but they generally go for $16-$20k still. there is always a 'want' for limited production (500 in this case) vehicle, so it has a minor collector status, but nothing much IMO
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Fastmark

I doubt any of the new Challengers will be collectible except for the demons. They just made too many. I bought 2010 RT new for 35,000 and the has a pink SRT limited and a mopar 10 on the showroom floor. My RT is worth maybe 12,000 right now. The only way it will ever make any money is to remove the drivetrain and stick it in a 70 Barracuda I have. Lol!

Bpret

Didn't know much about new challengers came across one and was curious if anyone thought there might be a collectible one out there. 500 seems like a low number but I have no clue on the current market for these.would love to have the foresight to stash away the next generation of the Hemi cuda.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Fastmark on March 10, 2019, 02:01:36 PM
I doubt any of the new Challengers will be collectible except for the demons. They just made too many. I bought 2010 RT new for 35,000 and the has a pink SRT limited and a mopar 10 on the showroom floor. My RT is worth maybe 12,000 right now. The only way it will ever make any money is to remove the drivetrain and stick it in a 70 Barracuda I have. Lol!

That's been done before!

ec_co

the only one for pretty for sure will be the Demon, if you are willing to shell out $90-$120k for one right now. a few rare combos like scat pack/shaker combos, or the limited Drag Pak cars. every year has it's own semi limited production just because of the wide variety (over the years ..... base SXT, SXT +, RT, RT+, RT Shaker, RT Scat Pack, RT Scat Pack Shaker, RT Scat Pack 1320, SRT8 Inagural, SRT8, SRT392, Hellcat, Hellcat Redeye, Demon, Mopar 10, 100th Anniversary, Drag Pak ..... probably missing a couple in there). can't wait to see what the next platform will bring
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

750-h2

Quote from: ec_co on March 10, 2019, 07:02:50 PM
the only one for pretty for sure will be the Demon, if you are willing to shell out $90-$120k for one right now. a few rare combos like scat pack/shaker combos, or the limited Drag Pak cars. every year has it's own semi limited production just because of the wide variety (over the years ..... base SXT, SXT +, RT, RT+, RT Shaker, RT Scat Pack, RT Scat Pack Shaker, RT Scat Pack 1320, SRT8 Inagural, SRT8, SRT392, Hellcat, Hellcat Redeye, Demon, Mopar 10, 100th Anniversary, Drag Pak ..... probably missing a couple in there). can't wait to see what the next platform will bring

You forgot the rarest Challenger's of them all!  The Mopar 17 followed by the Mopar 14.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

js27

I think the new Challenger are great cars to DRIVE. As far as collect ability I do not see that happening except for maybe  the Demon or the first one built of a particular model. To spent that kind of money and lock it up in storage for 50 years is crazy. Way to many made and if you think about the way this world is heading in 50 years  these cars will either be illegal to own or drive.. Just look at how the prices are falling now and the abundance of cars available. Look at the 1992 Viper. First year of Production very limited amount built. People bought them for $120,000 put them in storage and I seen them for $30,000- $40,000.
Buy it --Drive it--Enjoy it !!
Just my opinion.
JS27

7212Mopar

I could not agree more. Only if I can afford the gas to drive it on a daily basis and convince myself into driving it on rainy days. I got mine back in April of 2012 and now only has 26k miles on it. Also I tell myself the more I drive it, the higher chance of getting a speeding ticket because it is really hard to keep your feet off the gas pedal.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

rocketresto

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

750-h2