Main Menu

383 'Cuda

Started by wes473, July 27, 2020, 01:33:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

wes473

So I believe I found my 'cuda, :banana: it's been an extensive search but 'cuda's up here are hard to come by. Also not quite what I was looking for in a drive-train but it seems pretty solid as far as rust goes as it should just be fixing floorpans and rear qtrs. Need the usual interior etc but it runs/drives 8)... Should be numbers matching but not confirmed yet. Whats it worth? Thanks for your  :alan2cents:, I look forward to your input, I have money down and I'm driving to NE this week from Idaho to pick up. :burnout:

From what I could see fender tag(couldn't make out 2 sets in the rust):
BS23:
Plymouth Barracuda
Special, 'Cuda
2 Door Hardtop

N0B: 383 330HP OR 335HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

425412: Sequence number

E63: 383 cid 4 barrel V8 H.P. 335hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
FF4: Light Green Metallic Exterior Color
H4XW: Trim - High, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Black/White
000: Full Door Panels
720: Build Date: July 20
132044: Order number

FF4: Light Green Metallic Top Color
A62: Rallye Instrument Cluster Package
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
J45: Hood Tie Down Pins
J54: Sport Hood

LB4: Unknown
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M31: Belt Moldings
M88: Decklid Moldings Treatment
N41: Dual Exhaust

N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips
N81: Fast Idle Control
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
Y05: Build to USA Specs
EN1: End of Sales Codes

cudamadd

Good stuff .If you have been looking for a cuda for Some time and this fits your budget and your not worried about building your dream car .  Well done please keep the photo coming   :cheers: :australia:

Fastmark

It's hard to value cars right now. With the covid crap, the riots and the election coming; uncertainty is pretty high. I think we are in for either a shocking change, either way the election goes. That alone may really dampen the car hobby. $15-20 is my guess in good times but it may take time before you see if you made a good deal. If you are looking for the value after restoration, a f4 green, auto on the column, bench seat is not really sought after. It is different,though.

YYZ

LB4 is probably L34 = Road Lamps

Car doesn't look too bad and appears to be fairly complete.  As long as you're happy with the price that you paid, that's all that matters.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

Nothing to add for valuation but I love oddity cars so I just wanted t say I love the bench seat.
Someday I will have a J0b.

RUNCHARGER

Cool car, any true Cuda is worth restoring IMO. I agree that values are hard to pin down right now, I think $15k-$20k like others have stated should be about right. Completeness is important these days with the cost of finding original bits and pieces. Keep in mind it will have more rust than you think. I think the colour and bench seat add charactor to it, we have enough red/black/purple Cudas already.
Sheldon

E74cuda

I have a buddy that is picking up a project for 30k. 383, 4spd, FK5 with black interior and vinyl top. 3.55 axle package, Rallye gauges, power front disc brakes. Metal work done and it runs Comes with new parts like dash pad.   

wes473

:cheers: Thanks guys! I think I can live with the auto cuda or possibly trade someone down the line etc for a manual car. I'm at a junction in life to allow this car chase to happen, consolidating my "fun" investments, so not sure if I can wait months and still be in this cash position. :takemymoney:

We'll see how I do on the deal there but I should be able to get her home in the low end of 15-20, but glad you guys confirmed it. Another question I have, is there a way to determine what rear end it should have?

cuda hunter

Quote from: wes473 on July 27, 2020, 01:15:29 PM
  Another question I have, is there a way to determine what rear end it should have?

Find the build sheet.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

Quote from: wes473 on July 27, 2020, 01:33:37 AM
LB4  L34 : ROAD LAMPS

N81 N85 : TACHOMETER

:twothumbsup:

3.23 rear axle (with or without sure-grip, for that you'll need the broadcast sheet)

wes473

Good news everyone, Confirmed numbers matching.  :)

Thanks for the clarification on the fender tag, makes sense. With as original as the car seams I bet there's a build sheet hiding, as far as the rear end are 3.23 just the standard assumption? How could you tell if its supposed to have a dana or 8-3/4?

This forum has been so helpful in this pursuit!  :cheers: It's nice to chat with fellow cuda people.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: wes473 on July 28, 2020, 11:37:37 AM
as far as the rear end are 3.23 just the standard assumption? How could you tell if its supposed to have a dana or 8-3/4?

8-3/4" w/3.23s is STANDARD
if it had an axle package 3.55s A36, 391s A31 it would be on the fender tag
2.76s were available but are considerably RARE - & I doubt Chrysler would've spec'd them in a end of year SALES BANK car (another assumption)
(NO DANA available, the above are the only gears available in a 383 'cuda)

wes473

:stayinlane: good morning from Nebraska! My dad and I dropped off a 67 Camaro on the way through you Montana and kept Trucking through the night. I'll post pictures when I get there :burnout:

The Camaro buyer is a pretty cool car guy , here's some his toys