Main Menu

68 charger value quick help please

Started by Moprr, June 19, 2019, 12:10:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moprr

Hi guys I am going to check out a running driving 68 charger 383 auto painted  15 years ago still very nice has a few small scratches no good pics.  What's a starting range for something like this.  No am Brody but I know some of you know the prices.  Thanks

Cuda Cody

Photos?  Auto column or floor, color, numbers, fender tag, build sheet?

70 Challenger Lover

If complete, drivable, and looks decent at 20 feet or so, I'd say anything under 20k would be a grab it now price. Closer to 30k is probably more realistic in today's world. These cars have skyrocketed in price. They can bring 50-100k depending on condition and how well they are built up.

69BFan

The 68 to 70 Chargers are one of the hottest Mopars for those looking to sell one of these cars.  Prices for rusted out shells of RT's can bring $7000 to $12,000 for a car needing everything.  Fortunately, you can buy a lots of the needed parts.  For a base 383 Charger in a good color combination with minimum efforts to make it road worthy, your seeing these cars sell easily in the $20,000 plus range.  Lots of variables as mentioned above, but these cars are so hot that many buyers are not worried about documentation or anything else.  They just want a good presentable Charger and are willing to pay the money.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Moprr

Bucket seat auto floor shift.  Actually here now $30000 Canadian fender tag don't know about build sheet

ragtopdodge

Hard to say.

Could be a bondo bucket.

$30k CAN.  What's that, $23k USD?

Take more pics and video.  How well does it run?

Moprr

I passed for now some ugly patches in the floor and I think a few caps on the rails gas tank fiberglassed.  One fender rippled a bit dent taken out?  Body looks solid on the outside quarter we're repaces along the top.  If the floor was solid I would of taken it.  Runs good. 

Moprr

Might be a fair price for a driver but the bottom bugs me.  Thanks for the quick input

1 Wild R/T

It'll likely sell pretty quickly, the frame could be scary, you saw it we didn't, the pictures don't show much.. Fuel tank is an easy fix but indicates the type of work thats been done... You did the right thing... But like I said, it'll likely sell quickly.... 

anlauto

With that ugliness underneath like that, I would like to say $22K-$25K CDN, but as mentioned, Charger's are super hot ....some poor unexpecting Dude will pay the $30K CDN and enjoy it...until it falls apart or not even pass safety... :barf:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

If you hold out for a straight rust free driver in nice condition, it simply does not exist in the $23k US dollar price range. Those days are over.

There is a 69 Charger shell in my area that has no floors and needs nearly every major metal piece. It's one of the worst cars I've ever seen. They are asking $5500.

VermontMopar

Four years ago I restored a 68 RT.    I know what that costs.... 
obviously photos are hard to decipher and I don't know what your expectations are.....   and I respect the opinions of others..... but in my view... it doesn't seem that far out of line.   

Good luck with your decision!

Vt Mopar

Moprr

I'm pretty sure someone will buy it for what he's asking but I may be more picky.  I just started looking for a nice driver as I sold my project.  The car I buy doesn't need to be a charger but this caught my eye and sounded good so I took the drive to see it.  I actually have quite a range of cars I will consider.  This charger was the guys fathers car who passed away and he is selling it for his mom.  If you are not too picky you can put a new gas tank in and drive.  Here is the link   https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/oakville-halton-region/1968-dodge-charger/1441780980?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Mopsquad

It's comes down to what's your budget range and how much of the repair that you can do yourself.

A body guy may talk him down to 27k cdn and do it himself.

Add an extra 10k to your budget and save perhaps 20k in repairs.