Main Menu

70 barracuda M46

Started by cuda hunter, February 15, 2017, 06:25:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

was wondering what yal thought this was worth.   I lost the purchase.  But I'm working on the new owner.

It has NO FENDER TAG, no build sheet.  Not sure about title.  Has vin tag.      The no fender tag part just kills me as this car is nothing but an example car of an M46.  No documentation.

Has original M46 paint and both scoops. 

Looks rusty as it could be.  Doesn't look wrecked.  This is all the pictures I have of the car.  It sold as well as all the other cars on the ad.   So please don't bother the guy on behalf of me. 

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5997269182.html

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ec_co

it may not have been 'wrecked', but it certainly looks like a tree fell onto the passenger side fender and windshield. not cheap to replace all that metal. I'd put it @ $3k maybe, only because its still an ebody
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

I'd say $3k tops....more like $1500-$2000 ????
Not worth anything without documentation. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

The value is in the docs with M46 cars.  Once restored, it's your word and some photos to prove it.  It would still be a rare beast, but not as cool as if you had the fender tag.  If you're like me, I can live with somethings not being perfectly matching, but I like a fender tag or build sheet.

cuda hunter

I really try to not purchase any cars without fender tags.   I've passed on two M46's now because no fender tag.

To me this car would only work well as yard art.  As the original paint version of the car.  I know that seems odd, but I do like my yard art. 

The scoops are worth a penny.  Maybe the new owner doesn't like them.  Will know more tomorrow.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

It would depend on whether any other parts are good I suppose. I'm with Alan on the $1500-$2k range.
Sheldon

fc7cuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 15, 2017, 07:33:22 PM
It would depend on whether any other parts are good I suppose. I'm with Alan on the $1500-$2k range.

:iagree:

I'd really check thoroughly for a build sheet. Behind seat backs, behind glove box, etc. Did you check with Barry on the VIN for the sheet?   :alan2cents:

Tom

anlauto

I agree about the broadcast sheet.....the guy could have just said "NO" because he didn't know what you were asking about or he doesn't care enough to even look....to some people these are just old junk cars...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

Funny thing is, I asked about the build sheet and the guy who used to own them told me that build sheets didn't come around in mopars until the 90's. 
He also told me that the scoop option was a "businessman's coupe" option. 

It's amazing the things that people think are fact.   I talk to at least a few people every week when I call about any 70 barracuda listed on the web.  I get the craziest stories. 

cuda hunter

It also appears there are no front seats left in the car.

The grill looks to be an argent grill.  Supposed to be a black grill

It also appears to be a painted top as I don't see any vinyl top trim on the rear of the car.

Unfortunately the original seller said he wanted 15K per car.   :haha: :haha:  I sure hope the new guy didn't buy it for anywhere near that price. 

The original owner said he couldn't hook me up with the guy who purchased them.  But later in the day the  man who purchased the cars called me and left a message.  I must have seemed really interested in the M46. 

Crocha617

Looks like a $2000 parts car.

anlauto

ec_co

I'd pay a few hundred for that driver side fender (since a tree fell on mine too)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on February 16, 2017, 08:09:02 AM
Quote from: Crocha617 on February 16, 2017, 07:44:54 AM
Looks like a $2000 parts car.

With only $500 worth of parts... :haha:

I took into account the $1,000 I would make selling those little scoops to Cuda Hunter....