Main Menu

70 Cuda Restomod

Started by jon1122, August 08, 2017, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jon1122

Cuda Cody

I'm not as good with resto-modded cars as I am with stock cars because I've not had the pleasure of owning one yet.  So things like the date coded stuff and wrong year items do not matter much on a resto-mod car.

But with any car you can look at the details and get an idea of the quality.  For example, a body colored (painted) heater blower motor (which this one is) usually means the car was restored on the faster side of things and they didn't take the time to remove the heater box and go through it (should be zinc plated).  Going through components like the heater box is a must do in my option whenever a car is restored to a high level.  Seeing stuff like that not done means someone was in a hurry or tried to save money.  Not a good sign if you are looking for a high end restoration.  But not a big deal if you are looking for a good car that you might need to do some small things on to keep it going.  Other things like the wiper bottle is missing, no sounds deadener on the inside of the quarters (mean they were replaced), black trunk pan, body colored door latch screws & pin make me think it was done on a tight budget and sometimes that means you can't do everything perfectly.  The tag says it was a 340 4 speed.  That is a desirable car.  But looks like they have a 71+ automatic center console that they have cut out and put a B&M shifter. 

They are also not asking $100,000 for the car either.  Might be a good car to test drive and see how it feels.  What are you looking for an a car?  What do you plan to do with it if you buy?

Also, WELCOME to the forum @jon112272    :welcome:

303 Mopar

I would say the things that attract me the most are the color and 440-6 shaker, otherwise its a average restoration.  Unless you can find the original 340 and 833, I would have a hard time paying over $40k.

jon1122

Thanks for the welcome.  I have been wandering around here for some time, found out about it from the Cuda-Challenger website.  What I was worried about was all the little things skipped like the heater box paint, black hood hinges, painted latching mechanism, shaker setup, non body painted trunk, etc.  I just wanted something to buy and enjoy but wanted some opinions on those things you pointed out.  Also was looking for opinions if the price was inline with car condition and market.  Thanks for the reply's. 

Roadman

If you got 60 large to spend you can get a nicer car than that.   :alan2cents:       :rebelflag"

303 Mopar

Quote from: Roadman on August 08, 2017, 03:23:39 PM
       If you got 60 large to spend you can get a nicer car than that.   :alan2cents:       :rebelflag"

If you got $60 large to spend, let me introduce your my '70 Cuda...... :banana:

ec_co

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 08, 2017, 03:39:05 PM
Quote from: Roadman on August 08, 2017, 03:23:39 PM

If you got $60 large to spend, let me introduce your my '70 Cuda...... :banana:

are you ready to try and part with it again? if I had the dough I'd buy your AAR clone with the new 392 Hemi in it in a heartbeat. absolutely beautiful and a solid solid build
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Quote from: ec_co on August 09, 2017, 06:48:40 AM
are you ready to try and part with it again? if I had the dough I'd buy your AAR clone with the new 392 Hemi in it in a heartbeat. absolutely beautiful and a solid solid build

For $60k I'll help you load it.... :cheers:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 09, 2017, 06:55:01 AM

Good price on that. Hagerty didn't batt an eye agreeing to a $60k evaluation on my 5.7L Hemi 1972 Barracuda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on August 09, 2017, 07:07:50 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on August 09, 2017, 06:55:01 AM

Good price on that. Hagerty didn't batt an eye agreeing to a $60k evaluation on my 5.7L Hemi 1972 Barracuda.

I get a lot of offers. I think a lot of guys want the old school look with a modern engine.  If something goes wrong they can take it to their local Dodge dealership to get it fixed.

RUNCHARGER

I am thinking $40k or less as well. 340 car, wrong engine, wrong colour etc.
Sheldon