Main Menu

70 Cuda

Started by mjb765, August 14, 2017, 09:35:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mjb765

Quote from: 76orangewagon on August 14, 2017, 04:52:47 PM
I saw this car the Mopar Nationals this past weekend and thought it was really strange that a car for sale in the car coral had no information or price posted.

So how was it in person?

mjb765

Quote from: Fern on August 14, 2017, 05:45:34 PM
How can it be an original FC7 with no tag or build sheet??
No documentation will hold down the value.
I say 35k-45k depending on condition

Was just going by what I was told.....can't be 100% sure it's original with no paperwork.

Topcat

@HP_Cuda  is like totally in the bushes.  :clueless:

Mountain Lions, Weed Cartel, and shiners out there. Be careful B. 

HP_Cuda

Pass the pipe Mike, cause I'm really confused on what you are saying......
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

mjb765

Cuda Cody

It would be a car I would want to see in person before making any decisions on, but it does look like a fun car.  Without more documents it's going to be hard to get more then $45k. 

mjb765

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 15, 2017, 07:59:17 PM
It would be a car I would want to see in person before making any decisions on, but it does look like a fun car.  Without more documents it's going to be hard to get more then $45k.

Agreed....with no docs or history it may be tough getting the asking price......not a bad looking car though.

303 Mopar

Quote from: mjb765 on August 16, 2017, 05:19:54 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 15, 2017, 07:59:17 PM

Agreed....with no docs or history it may be tough getting the asking price......not a bad looking car though.

Classic dealer mark up of about $15-20k, so it is probably worth what they bought it for around $40k.  Sad thing is, the dealer will probably end up getting close to their number of $54k.

JS29

No reverse warning light on the dash, gloss black tail panel, and why do they have all of those aftermarket gauges plus non original rallye gauges.   something fishy there, (pun intended)   

mjb765

Quote from: JS29 on August 16, 2017, 07:04:24 AM
No reverse warning light on the dash, gloss black tail panel, and why do they have all of those aftermarket gauges plus non original rallye gauges.   something fishy there, (pun intended)

Obviously started as an automatic which explains going for the Tremec. Tach doesn't work either as shown in the video.

RUNCHARGER

Original engine long gone, hence my $35k estimate.
Sheldon

cudajunction

There is so much wrong with this car, but if someone wanted a fun driver, $30,000. 

cudaized

It was $50,000 OBO at the show. And the seller "said" he was going to take names and numbers for highest offer. Sunday afternoon the highest offer was going to get to buy the car.... :madashell:
I talked to him Thursday evening. By early Friday morning it sold. Apparently for the $50k asking price. I was interested..
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

mjb765

Quote from: cudaized on August 17, 2017, 06:05:31 AM
It was $50,000 OBO at the show. And the seller "said" he was going to take names and numbers for highest offer. Sunday afternoon the highest offer was going to get to buy the car.... :madashell:
I talked to him Thursday evening. By early Friday morning it sold. Apparently for the $50k asking price. I was interested..

The dealer that has it now is looking for $53k bottom dollar......Hard to think that they will only make 3K on the car......

Also I questioned about an inspector looking at the car and was told they do not allow anybody under the car...in fact they did not even put the car up on a lift at all which is very strange! That is what the owner of the dealer told me.

303 Mopar

Quote from: mjb765 on August 17, 2017, 10:09:58 AM
Quote from: cudaized on August 17, 2017, 06:05:31 AM

The dealer that has it now is looking for $53k bottom dollar......Hard to think that they will only make 3K on the car......

Also I questioned about an inspector looking at the car and was told they do not allow anybody under the car...in fact they did not even put the car up on a lift at all which is very strange! That is what the owner of the dealer told me.

No way the dealer bought for $50k.  They have too much overhead to only make $3k on this car.