Main Menu

70 E BODY SPACE SAVER

Started by plymouthbelvy, September 16, 2023, 04:18:37 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

I pick this up recently and wanted to verify that it is for 70 E Body in which im pretty sure it is. It ha BF Goodrich F78 14 tire with the V1 on it. Rim has extra hole and has K29. Any info would be great.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mccannix

@plymouthbelvy  Certainly looks like the real deal to me.
To verify, you can post picture like this of the valve stem area.
To the left of valve stem will be K2 over 9 in your case on your rim,
followed by the month, ( 10 on this rim ), then the valve stem.
To right of valve stem is day ( 8 in this case ) followed by 5.5 ( width of rim )

plymouthbelvy

Hello.Thanks for reply. It does have K29 and a 9 and 17 5.5 by the valve stem.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaJim

Nice!

OP was in WIW, so I'll bite.  Clones are $450 to $500.  If all other possible details check out it seems to me it would be $1200 to $2000, depending upon condition factors and how fast you wanted it to sell.  Rim paint looks like it could be better.

Maybe I'm out of touch and low, but I don't think I'm high... someone correct me with up to date market pricing...

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for input. I was pretty sure it was correct 70 Ebody.  Sept 17 1969  K29. 

mtull

I saw one dated Oct 1969.  It's been for sale for over a year, asking price is above $2K.

I also came across a few early ones (July, Aug 1969) with the 7.75 tire rather than F78 at this years Chrysler Carlisle, asking price was under $1,700.  Both were in great shape.

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for the info. I know they are expensive and hard to find. It actually took me about 4-5 years to find one and I paid $1600 for it and that was 5 years ago for my 70 Challenger. I bought this one because I knew what it was and how hard to find. Not sure what I will do with it yet as I already have one in my car. Thanks again for info.

CudaJim