Main Menu

70 Gran Poop VERT

Started by cuda hunter, October 15, 2018, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I need some kind of baseline for the value of this car.
This is what I know.
Was restored somewhere in the late 80's.  should be the only repaint of the car. 
In a salt free state for the most part.
Has been kept indoors for most of it's life.
It's out doors now.
It just drove 15 or 20 miles across town during a home move.
Owners brother says it's "roached out". 
Sister doesn't know what she is going to do with the car.  This is where I come into the picture. 
I only have two pictures right now.  Working on getting more.  Although good chance I'm going to go take a look at it and get a ton of pictures.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Very Interesting !!
318 3spd right ?

anlauto

If there's a frame and floor in it, likely $25K-$30K ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

This is not my car and is not on the market.  I have blocked the vin code and order day specifically because of this reason.  Once a car is for sale on the net or info is given I have no problems with showing vin info.  You can find all of my cars vins online. 

E44 318 two barrel
D13 3 speed manual
BP gran coupe
27 Convertible
G 318
0 1970
B Hamtrack
167...   Vin id
FK5   Deep Burnt Orange Metallic
P premium
6 vinyl bucket
K4  burnt orange
000 same as body color
A2.  October 2.
019498 vehicle order number
V3W  White vinyl convertible top
C55 bucket seats
M25 body sill moldings     ( are these specific to verts? )
M31 body belt moldings   
P37  power convertible top
R11 am radio
V5X  Protective body side moldings with black rubber insert  ( full size in third
                                                                           month of production)
Y05  Ordered to specifications USA
En1  End codes

cuda hunter

I don't know the fine details at this point.
Gonna take a little while to get all the info.

As I understand it he said it has no rust and is structurally sound.  Just been 30 something years since "updating".

anlauto

It's amazing when talking Mopars...this "average" car is actually 1 of 12 made to US specs.... makes it almost as rare as a Hemicuda convertible....

Lets see the Mustang or Camaro guys make those claims with their "average" convertibles back in the day...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Really neat car: It looks like a $25k car if it almost rustfree and matching #'s I would think. Hopefully it gets a stock resto and stays inside the rest of it's life.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

1 of 12 huh?  For all verts in 70? 

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2018, 06:38:36 PM
this "average" car is actually 1 of 12 made to US specs.... makes it almost as rare as a Hemicuda convertible....

cuda hunter

:rebelflag"

The passengers side V5X sure looks like V5W.

anlauto

1 of 12 1970 Gran Coupe convertibles with a 318 and a 3spd. :bravo:

anlauto

Is the "sport hood" added  :thinking: ? Would it not be on the tag ?

GY3R/T

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2018, 06:58:49 PM
1 of 12 1970 Gran Coupe convertibles with a 318 and a 3spd. :bravo:
:iagree:   AND no AC !!

RUNCHARGER

Dang: Every time I see a convt. I think would be a cool project I see back seat interior panels and think how fun it would be to find some.
Sheldon

superdave

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 15, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
Dang: Every time I see a convt. I think would be a cool project I see back seat interior panels and think how fun it would be to find some.
:iagree: When I win the lottery ( :headbang:  :pokeeye: ) I don't think I'll let another convertible get by. I'd really like to add a Barracuda or "cuda to the mix.  :yes:  $25K doesn't sound at all unreasonable for that.
    Dave