Main Menu

71 Challenger Hemi 4 speed Estate Sale Car

Started by bugnbox, August 27, 2020, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

:thinking:  Or you could go straight to the top and contact Charlie Lillard and or Kevin Oeste ... who are kind of the "faces" of the enigmatic The Brothers Collection.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

fc7cuda

Quote from: RzeroB on August 28, 2020, 01:46:53 PM
:thinking:  Or you could go straight to the top and contact Charlie Lillard and or Kevin Oeste ... who are kind of the "faces" of the enigmatic The Brothers Collection.

Or not, and let everyone else have a chance to buy it.  Maybe someone here on the board?

bugnbox

Thanks so much for the info. Interest in the car has been strong and already Ive got bids over $100k, so I know its going in the right direction. Will be curious to see how it ends up.

If any of you know anyone that might be a serious player for it, please have them contact me via email at bugnbox@earthlink.net

anlauto

@bpsmopar , you should buy it....I know a guy that can restore it for you  ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

Can't be many if any other '71 hemi with the wide hood trim.

JS29

If I had the money, I would send it to Mike Ross At BE/A.  I own a small collision shop, But I don't have the equipment or the resources To do a car like that the way he can.  :no:

RUNCHARGER

Great car but not for me. To me it's no good as it is but it must be restored to the ultimate as delivered condition which would render it not suitable for driving. So I'm sure it will be off to a museum to be enjoyed by viewing only.
Sheldon

YYZ

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 29, 2020, 08:01:49 AM
Great car but not for me. To me it's no good as it is but it must be restored to the ultimate as delivered condition which would render it not suitable for driving. So I'm sure it will be off to a museum to be enjoyed by viewing only.

I agree with you.  I've given more than a bit of thought to this car, and IMHO, it's just a bit too far gone for the patina look, which means that it really deserves an OE Gold type of restoration.

Otherwise, repairing the filler panel, slapping on a fresh vinyl roof and putting in some used '71 buckets would certainly help with the acceptability.

anlauto

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Next some one going to label it as a "survivor"  :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Katfish

I'd take the $100k offered and run....... 

Is this car really worth >$200k restored?

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on August 29, 2020, 08:27:54 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Next some one going to label it as a "survivor"  :rofl: :rofl:

Well, the Titanic survived.....on the bottom of the Atlantic.....

RUNCHARGER

70% original exterior paint is one of the parameters I think, So many service replacement parts to keep it running is another. It's a Corvette thing....
Sheldon

CNUMB

wish I had a very understanding wife and some extra cash laying around for that... that is a great find..

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 29, 2020, 02:26:35 PM
70% original exterior paint is one of the parameters I think, So many service replacement parts to keep it running is another. It's a Corvette thing....

Remember when the "Corvette guys" were trying to stop other people from using the word survivor... :rofl: :rofl: :crazytalk:

anlauto