Main Menu

71 challenger side moldings, oem rear challenger convertible glass

Started by silver70, June 11, 2017, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

silver70

I got a nice set of side moldings for my 71 vert and have a bunch of extras I don't need.  If you look at a 71 pace car, this is the molding I mean, has the rubber inserts.  Worth selling or not? 

Also have the original rear glass, I've seen people ask big $, not sure what it actually sells for.  I got a new top with glass... not a high dollar car, so not concerned with using the oem glass. 

Cuda Cody

@Convertcuda  is pretty up to speed on the convertible stuff.  Maybe he'll chime in with his thoughts?   :fingerscrossed:

RUNCHARGER

I think there is or will be a market for the side moldings. Lots of cars had them and most were taken off over the years. As more cars get truly restored back to original the hunt will be on for those moldings as long as they are mint or can be made mint. Not a part that is likely to be reproduced.
Sheldon

silver70

I'll have to check and see what I got... I'm really not a big fan of the trim, but since my car looks exactly like a pace car, probably just built it back that way as much as I'd rather change the color, shaker hood etc. 

Convertcuda

Quote from: silver70 on June 11, 2017, 06:30:59 AM
I got a nice set of side moldings for my 71 vert and have a bunch of extras I don't need.  If you look at a 71 pace car, this is the molding I mean, has the rubber inserts.  Worth selling or not? 

Also have the original rear glass, I've seen people ask big $, not sure what it actually sells for.  I got a new top with glass... not a high dollar car, so not concerned with using the oem glass.

You could use the original rear glass but it would be a lot of work to get it sealed back into the new top. Some people want them for the date code and because it's an oe piece of glass.

Ken

superdave

I'll have to check. I know someone with a '71 with side molding. ::)

Convertcuda

Thanks Cody! If we are talking about the rear quarter glass it all depends on condition.  I have seen them go from 75.00 to 2500.00. At the high end would be assembly line NOS. I would say a nice usable piece (no wear) about 250.00 to 300.00 each. Tinted may bring more money. They are making repro glass right now but I do not know fit and finish on it.

Ken

71GranCoupe

Side molding is usually a hate/love relation. Many take then off due to them being dented and no "NICE" replacements. I picked up a single rear passenger side on  :ebay: a couple years ago for around $75 shipped to the door. Seldom offered and not many looking for them from what I have noticed.  :alan2cents:

7E-Bodies

@silver70 I know this post is older, but do you still have the side moldings?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green