Main Menu

71 Cuda 440 six pack Auto 727 Sassy Grass Green Tribute Value??????? Need Help

Started by Tgray1976, April 02, 2020, 02:35:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Tgray1976

Started off a 71 Barracuda 2dr Hardtop Coupe 318/ 230hp 2bbl Auto 727 and Factory Sassy Grass Green Color. What's it worth roughly on a good day??????  The car is very clean and has 45,000 original miles.

FJ6TA

anlauto

:iagree: Depending on condition, I think $35K-$40K is not out of the question :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Tgray1976

Even with It being a factory sassy grass green color? How many do you know were that factory color? I cant find that info anywhere.

RUNCHARGER

Car is modified so any original options really have no influence on value.
Sheldon

Tgray1976

Gotcha!!!! Well we will see if I can talk him down a little more to make it worth it. All the responses are much appreciated.

anlauto

Being an original FJ6 car adds to the cool factor, but it doesn't add a lot to the value of a modified car. If it was a correctly restored 318 car in FJ6 it might be worth more then a correctly restored 318 car that was B5 blue or some thing, but once you modify a car, The original aspects of the car don't really play into the value.

In my opinion, if you wanted to maximise the value and your objective was to clone it into a 1971 440+6 Cuda then you need to add ALL the items that separate a BS23 Cuda from a BH Barracuda....

ALL Cudas had blacked out rockers with chrome rocker moldings. ALL Cudas had wheel lip moldings. ALL Cudas had belt moldings. ALL Cudas had tail panel moldings. Should have a 1971 style wing instead of the 70 style, 71 style wheel center caps, etc... should have a colour keyed grill ???

It's when you have ALL the correct details then the values start jumping up....IN MY OPINION :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Tgray1976

That's all really Great information for me to make a decision. Hopefully I can get it for a good price. Just really want for the local cruises. I had a 70 roadrunner 440 6pack years back and sold and the garage needs another Mopar.

Katfish

So what's the asking price?
If the paint and body are nice, you couldn't build that for less than $50k

anlauto

Yea I didn't realize it was for sale, I thought it was something you owned. I'm sure the asking price is much higher then the numbers listed here...some sellers think ALL 1971 Cudas are equal... :haha:

Tgray1976

The Paint and the body are perfect actually. 4 Year old Resto. Drivetrain might have 10 miles on it he said since rebuild. Took it up the road and back and parked it cause the transmission was giving him trouble. Going into drive he said. That still needs addressed but i'm not to worried about that. Motor sounds Great and looks super clean. He is more of a chevy guy cause he has a few camaros and novas in his garage. The Cuda was on the backburner for him and now with this covid 19 he is getting rid of a few things. We kinda threw numbers around and are at 35k now. Personally Id like to be at 30k. Just a hard decision since its originally a BH car.........

JS29

To repair a rusty body and a good paint job, you can spend 25-30 thousand dollars anyways.  :alan2cents: Some people prefer a clone as a driver, An investment grade car seams to not get driven.   :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

I'm no 71 Cuda foamer so my guess probably isn't as skewed as some. I think $35k is a pretty good deal if the body is done correctly and everything is there. Just check the details for instance I see later/cheaper center caps on the wheels battery cable with an end added to an old cable etc. Does the underneath have a ton of undercoat spraycanned everywhere? Glad you're at $35k, $50k would be too high for what I see IMO.
Sheldon

js27

anlauto

Yea if it's not a rot box underneath it's worth every penny of $35K :alan2cents: