Main Menu

71 lemon twist cuda

Started by JustinHEMI, April 20, 2017, 06:22:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JustinHEMI

Hi all,

I wanted see if you could help me identify flaws on this car, and what you think a good price is.

http://streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/0750-tpa/1971-plymouth-cuda

The first thing that struck me is that the description talks about numbers matching engine, but is vague about everything else.

They do have a picture of the fender tag and VIN from the motor.

Also, that have a photo of a pile of paper, but I don't see anything in it resembling a build sheet.

I will call with my questions and anything else you point out.

Thanks!

Justin

Cuda Cody

Can't see the photos on my phone right now, but I'll be happy to take a look once I get back in front of my computer.   :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

I see no broadcast sheet, I see no pictures of trans numbers, body stampings how ever it doesn't look bad, I've seen lots of cars with more problems than this one.... That said let a few others pick it apart, get pictures of the body numbers & trans numbers & get eyes on it before spending $$$$

6bblgt

@anlauto there's a set of 11" rear drums on a 3.55 car with power disc brakes  :ohyeah:

engine should be blue

shouldn't there be three "dimples" on the firewall?

wrong exhaust manifolds

71GranCoupe

I had a 71 340 RT Challenger, and it had the NOX valve/solenoid on the firewall, shouldn't this car have it as well? :dunno:

ec_co

nice looking '71, love a good 340 4spd (2 fender tags is awesome too). I may be wrong, but a couple minor observations - VIN rivets are wrong (should be flowered, not round like standard rivets), dash frame is gloss black (shouldn't it be more flat/mat black?), is that the correct dash pad w/rectangular Barracuda? (thought '71 was more scripted and not the rectangular name plate?), wrong rear spoiler (was there ever a 'flat' spoiler for an e-body? I think they all had downturns)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

There's a million incorrect little details, too many to list. It does have the correct 1971 Spoiler and dash pad though.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chal340

It's a detail, but there is no Heat shield on the driver side exhaust.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: chal340 on April 21, 2017, 05:19:20 AM

As mentioned earlier it's not a correct 71 manifold anyway... But if it were mine it's the manifold I'd want on there....

erik70rt

Couple more minor things - wrong radiator cap, wrong alternator and what's up with those rear shocks?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RUNCHARGER

Is the rear bumper bent or is the tail panel shoved in? Fairly nice car that needs a lot of detailing (at $65k a painted wiper motor and M/C cover doesn't fly for instance). If it isn't full of bondo and the gaps and joints are nice it will be a $65k car after $10k in correct parts and coatings. IMHO anyway, actually probably less than $65k. No way it should be at $65k now.
Sheldon

chal340

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 21, 2017, 08:14:57 AM

As mentioned earlier it's not a correct 71 manifold anyway... But if it were mine it's the manifold I'd want on there....

Driver side looks like correct no? passenger side, it's not a A body?
And why would you prefer these ones? better than 70's?
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: chal340 on April 21, 2017, 10:01:50 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 21, 2017, 08:14:57 AM

Driver side looks like correct no? passenger side, it's not a A body?
And why would you prefer these ones? better than 70's?

It has 70 style manifolds on both sides... 71 drivers side manifold is a log.... Passenger side stayed the same....

HP_Cuda

Didn't 71's have the cowl area blacked out???

The front brakes don't look stock at all, most likely aftermarket(ford).
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on April 21, 2017, 11:57:39 AM

Didn't 71's have the cowl area blacked out???

The front brakes don't look stock at all, most likely aftermarket(ford).

Ford ... :haha: Where do you come up with this stuff ? You crack me up man ! :ohyeah: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration