Main Menu

FE5 AAR

Started by cuda dad, January 13, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

Good morning everyone!  I am looking to get out of my rented offsite car storage this year which means I am going to be downsizing my collection.  I don't know which cars I will be selling, I like them all.  It is not going to be a fire sale but rather than go the eBay or CL route, I would like to get your opinions as to the real value of my AAR.  Here is a description that I have put together and a link to the OLD AD from when I purchase the car about a year and a half ago.  Thank you for your input.

https://www.restoreamusclecar.com/vehicles/87/1970-plymouth-aar-cuda

This car still sports most of it's original FE5 Rallye Red Paint with some touch-ups.  The Reflective AAR badges and most of the stripes are believed to be original.  The 340 Six Barrel Engine and 4-Speed Transmission are numbers matching to the car.  It is equipped with the Optional Fast Ratio Power Steering and Build Sheet specified 3.91:1 Sure-Grip Rear End.  The partial VINs on the cowl and radiator support match the numbers on the engine and transmission.  In fact, all of the VINs match.  The factory "390" rims are a matched set dated December 8, 1969.  The car is equipped with all of the options that according to the build sheet and fender tag, it came with from the factory.  Nothing has been added or removed.  It has the correct carburetors, original air cleaner, master cylinder, distributor, radiator, etc.  Most, if not all of the components are the correct number parts.  The mufflers and tires are reproductions but just about everything else appears to be factory AAR pieces.  The mostly original interior is in excellent condition and everything works as it should.  This car runs and drives nicely.  It has been taken on trips as long as 700 miles in the past year.  The reproduction Goodyear Polyglas Tires appear in good condition and still have plenty of tread.  The trunk floor does have some rust and, in my opinion, will ultimately need to be repaired or replaced.

Cuda Cody

Great looking Cuda!   :inlove:  And a bunch of cool options and documents.  Not sure what's a fair price, but it looks like a great car.  Anything you know that needs to be addressed or that is not working besides the trunk pan?

RUNCHARGER

I would think long and hard before letting that one go. I see what appear to be lesser cars advertised in the $100k range, hard to say about actual condition or what they really will sell for though.
Sheldon

cuda dad

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 13, 2018, 08:55:00 AM
Great looking Cuda!   :inlove:  And a bunch of cool options and documents.  Not sure what's a fair price, but it looks like a great car.  Anything you know that needs to be addressed or that is not working besides the trunk pan?
I think I have pretty well worked through all of the gremlins.  The paint is not as good as the pictures, some of the touch ups are pretty crude.  The delay light on the column for the key does not light up.  The center 4791 carburetor is not correctly date coded but I have a core.  I have the stock fuel line set up but I am running a Pro Max braided.  I am not claiming originality on this car as I have no history but the mileage was claimed to be original by the previous owners.

cuda dad

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2018, 09:01:35 AM
I would think long and hard before letting that one go. I see what appear to be lesser cars advertised in the $100k range, hard to say about actual condition or what they really will sell for though.
It is probably the coolest car that I have ever owned, that's why I bought it.  Thank you for the input.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda dad on January 13, 2018, 10:03:50 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2018, 09:01:35 AM
It is probably the coolest car that I have ever owned, that's why I bought it.  Thank you for the input.

Yeah, it's not to bad.... I'd sell a couple A bodies & hang on to the pair of Cuda's.... Can't be Cuda Dad hanging with Cuda Mom with out a pair of Cuda's.....  Besides what are ya gonna take to Spring Fling? 

cuda dad

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 13, 2018, 10:21:14 AM
Yeah, it's not to bad.... I'd sell a couple A bodies & hang on to the pair of Cuda's.... Can't be Cuda Dad hanging with Cuda Mom with out a pair of Cuda's.....  Besides what are ya gonna take to Spring Fling?
Well, I still have the '69 and although it is not an e-body, it is still technically a 'cuda, if I ever get it back!  I should have sent it to Shane had I known.  Man, that guy does nice work!

fc7cuda

I'd really try to hang on to the AAR if you can, it would be really hard to find another.  :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

You would have to pry that car out of my cold dead hands . . . Love it!  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JH27N0B

All the right boxes are checked on that AAR.  I'd love to have it in my garage next to my FE5 T/A!
But I already have more cars than I have garage space.  :crying:
Realistically, needing trunk floor repair and paint touch up, and detailing, I'd say $70-$75K is it's value.
Damn I need a bigger garage....

nsmall

Quote from: cuda dad on January 13, 2018, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 13, 2018, 10:21:14 AM
Well, I still have the '69 and although it is not an e-body, it is still technically a 'cuda, if I ever get it back!  I should have sent it to Shane had I known.  Man, that guy does nice work!

Between Shane and Alan, couldn't agree more.  Stunning work, amazing artists. 

Is there any way to sell some others?  AAR's don't come around to often.  Good luck.

71REDCUDA

This aar has a great option combo. I would say somewhere in the 70k range.