Main Menu

72 challenger value

Started by fireguyfire, October 23, 2018, 06:15:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Hi gents and gals; I am a new to the forum Mopar guy who has in the past restored a 68 charger, 66 Coronet 500, 56 Regent and a 70 d100.
I am looking at a plain Jane 1972 challenger and am looking for inputs of value.
The car is a 318 auto car, in original paint and good running mechanical condition, and the interior is good too.
There is a bit of rust in the usual areas; lower dog legs and rear wheel lip area; the floors, trunk floors, and rockers are solid.
I know it's a less valuable car because it's a 318 auto, but still a cool car to me.
What kind of a value would a car like this have in that condition these days?

blown motor

Welcome to the forum from Ontario.  :waving:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

fireguyfire

Thanks! I've always been a b body guy but I'm looking forward to owning an E in the near future.

benlavigne

Hello,
Is it the gold with tan interior car that was for sale over the Summer in Toronto?
If so, I was very tempted, could not manage to go see it before it sold. Guy was asking 20K canadian, I would have paid that if the body was as nice as described...
I liked that it was a basic V8 column shift Challenger in different colors than orange or red...
I would have left it stock for a change!

Ben

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from Chilliwack B.C. That gold car is nice, I could see it pulling $20k if rust free. If the one in question needs paint and body but runs well and is all there maybe $10kCDN?
Sheldon

fireguyfire

No, this is a different car; red.
It will need the doglegs and rear wheel arches done eventually for sure; you can see daylight through in places.
I was thinking 10k but am by no means an expert on E bodies.

MoparDave

welcome from Michigan.
72-74 challenger and cudas really get no respect in values. If this Challenger needs any type of major metal work its difficult to ask a value question with out posting any pictures.  being that your in Canada we have to take into account for 30-35% less on the US dollar.  73 flat hood challenger with marginal body work and who know what else. Start as low as you can as I'm sure it will need more than what you see.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

Welcome @fireguyfire   :welcome:   :banana:

The good money normally comes from the 70 and 71.  The 72's and up have a great look, but they do not command the same money.  Do you have any photos of the project?

340challconvert

:welcome:
Welcome from New Jersey

NADA retail values for a 72 2dr hardtop (US dollars)
NADA has low retail at 9k
                av retail at 21.5 k
                high retail  31.K

Hagerty Prices (US Dollars) 318 Coupe
                Fair  12,5K
                Good 20k
                Ex.    28.8 k
                Concours 39.3K

Just some guidelines Hope it helps

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Moprr

That gold car was by my parents house the Guy had that car for a long time at least 20 years and it was really clean.  I remember it in the guys garage and on the driveway occasionally when I was a kid.  I went to go look for it one day when I was looking for a project but couldn't remember exactly what house it was, now seeing the address I was only a few houses away and no Neighbours knew the car so I figured it was gone or the guy moved.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 340challconvert on October 23, 2018, 03:32:57 PM
:welcome:
Welcome from New Jersey

NADA retail values for a 72 2dr hardtop (US dollars)
NADA has low retail at 9k
                av retail at 21.5 k
                high retail  31.K

Hagerty Prices (US Dollars) 318 Coupe
                Fair  12,5K
                Good 20k
                Ex.    28.8 k
                Concours 39.3K

Just some guidelines Hope it helps

:rofl:  Not from me.........

CudaMoparRay

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama , I used to live in AB ! :wave:
My advice is to buy the best car possible & paint & body are more expensive to fix , spending more initially will save $$ in the long run