Main Menu

73 'Cuda

Started by Choppintime, May 18, 2018, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Choppintime

'73 Cuda - 340/auto. Red, black vinyl top, white stripe and white gut. She's a bit rusty. Hood is shot, bottoms of doors rusty, doglegs on fenders rusty, deck lid is ok. Unbelievable but the floor pans are decent and the frame rails are real nice.

Numbers engine/trans/fender tag and body numbers match. Broadcast sheet is there as well. Looks like an unscrewed with car other than the Keystones and a few other things. Two owner car. Been sitting since late 80's. One repaint with what looks like more of a Chevy red.

What's it worth?

303 Mopar

$5k + $65k to restore = $70k invested - $40k value restored = -$30k loss.  Or you could just give me $30k and save yourself 3 years of frustration and high blood pressure treatment.   :banana:

nsmall

Ill go with $8,000 for matching numbers engine, red on white.

Would you want to fully restore it?  Sadly, 303 Mopar's math is right.

anlauto

The shifter is hooked to an automatic ? 

I would say $8K-$10K too..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I think $8k is enough and there is no way to not be upside down but it would be a nice looking car done.
Sheldon

Choppintime

Yeah, the guy hooked that shifter up like that.

Scratched my head with that one...........

ledphoot

Man... That poor car needs a LOT of work. It's too bad that the 72-74 E-Body's don't command the prices of the 70 & 71's.. If it were an earlier car you could at least come close to break even on value so long as you don't count your time in the equation.

You taking this project on?

Choppintime

No, not going to take it on. I've got a Challenger convertible I should finish but probably won't.

I am looking for something though, just not a huge project. Too old for that stuff anymore.

cuda hunter

Do you have a picture of the fender tag?

That might add some value to the car if it has certain options.

Agree with the above.  8K. 

What's he asking for the car?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ledphoot

I hear you on that :)

If my Cuda didn't have the sentimental value for me I would have just bought one all done up. It'd cost me about the same.

But this particular car is special to me, so many memories I don't want to let go.

What's the story with your Challenger Convertible?

Choppintime

Sorry, black side stripe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk