Main Menu

8 3/4

Started by nsmall, June 10, 2017, 02:22:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Uh, is this 8 3/4?

I just paid 800 for my third member to be built.

Tempted to buy this just because

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/6165147921.html

1 Wild R/T

It is an 8.75, a 3.91 gear & it is a clutch type Sure Grip...  By all appearances it's a screaming deal... There could be a few gotcha's hiding but I don't see any... You should call & ask for a photo of the side that would have the case number, hopefully a 742 or even a 741, if it's a 489 someone mixed parts which is still ok... If it's 657 thats real early & shouldn't have the hotchkis style yoke.....   There's another possibility which would be a really early drop out thats pre 8.75.....

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Get a photo of the other side that shows the number of it. 

nsmall

I called and the voicemail was like Google Voice will try to reach out.  I don't know what that means but sounds like this is probably some sort of scam.

If it's too good to be true it's probably too good to be true.

391 sounds fun

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: nsmall on June 10, 2017, 02:59:30 PM
I called and the voicemail was like Google Voice will try to reach out.  I don't know what that means but sounds like this is probably some sort of scam.

If it's too good to be true it's probably too good to be true.

391 sounds fun

Probably true... I was gonna mention that as a possibility but got busy taking 8.75 & forgot the scam angle..

nsmall

I try to treat everybody right and it's just crazy how many scams are being run all over the place.

Even if this third member had a 741 case I think it would be a great deal as I've read an article by dr. differential that a 741 case is far underrated.

When you line up a 741 case to other car manufacturers cases the thing is still freaking tough.

RUNCHARGER

That looks nice. Stay on it, that might be a great deal. The clutch sure grips are getting hard to find. Some people don't like the 741 case but I use them with no second thoughts.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Oh yeah nothing wrong with a 741.... Till you have a 440,4 spd & really good traction....  383 or 340 4 spd you'll likely never hurt it... Automatic, you'll never hurt it...