Main Menu

AAR Cuda

Started by FC7 cuda, August 19, 2017, 04:06:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FC7 cuda

Ok I found a AAR cuda for sale Fj5 in color black interior auto .The car has been taken apart just sitting in this guys back yard. Has most of the parts but some were probably lost over the years hood is toast  .the original engine is complete  and still has the matching trans  Lost tags and has the sheet but cant find it  so my feeling the sheet is gone .. Has rust issues..
Thanks

Bpret

Looks like a good project. Are you looking to buy or is he looking to sell? What's under the other cover I see a 70 cuda rocker gill on tarp and AARs didn't come with them.

FC7 cuda

Looking to buy the other car is a 70 barracuda ..

Bpret

If the guy could come up with the sheet or the tags it would be worth a lot more. The automatic kills it for me. How's the underside the pics don't look to bad some firewall issues but nothing terrible.

ec_co

high teens- low 20s, low-mid 20s with the BS IMO. great color, auto kills it a little. matching #s help. a 4spd high impact color in @ the same shape sold on ebay last month for @ $36k though ......
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JH27N0B

With the tag missing, and assuming the sheet never turns up, I'd say the car would be worth $60K nicely restored.  If the sheet is found, adjust that value up at least $5k.
The #s driveline is great but missing documentation is a major negative.
So work back from those numbers with whatever it would cost to restore it. If you can do much of the work, you may be OK, but paying someone you'll be underwater unless you can get the car for close to free.
All in all though, I hope someone saves it!

303 Mopar

No tags or build sheet really devalues the car, but its still a bada$$ numbers match AAR. Buy it for $15k, restore it $60-65k, and in the end it will be worth $50-60k.

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!   :takealook:  I like it!!!  That is a cool car.  Like everyone has said, it's got some things that you wish were different, like the missing tags, sheet and being an auto.....  BUT if it is a real AAR 6 pack project then I think it's going to be around $20k.  Might get a little more on ebay as good multi carb E-Body projects have been hard to find lately.  I think I would want to be in it around $15k.  Either way, you have to restore it because you love it and want the experience.  Getting to say you restored a 6 pack AAR Cuda is pretty neat, but you can't really do it and make any money on that car.   :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Great find: With resto costs I almost wouldn't buy it unless the sheet and parts are found, then I suppose I would want it in the $20k-$25k range. You'll still be upside down if you correctly restore it but who cares. it is still a neat car.
Is the hood truly unrepairable? I wouldn't give up on it without trying to save it.
(post edit after thinking about it if I had found it), I am probably a sucker but giving advice is sometimes different than what I would do and sometimes I'm not too smart. Personally I would probably buy it without the sheet and I would probably give $20k for it. I don't think it would be a wise decision hence I wouldn't recommend someone else pay that much. I would do it though just because I love AAR's and FJ5 is cool. Also it apparently has no other desirable options so you don't need the sheet to prove them and the trans and engine do match.
Sheldon

Rich G.

Is there a dash with the vin tag on it? I restored an AAR like this for my friend. It gets real expensive when everything is missing! Unless you can do everything yourself and want a project you're better off buying one done. I'd take it if the price is right and you don't want it.

Cuda Cody

What's he asking for the AAR?  Pretty sure you will find a few people that will want to buy that car if you pass on it.  :bigthumb:

FC7 cuda

He said around 20 for it which I think its a bit much  without the tags ..It does have a dash and the vin tag is there ..Standard dash car  .also he has a 72 rally cluster there I guess he was going to use it one day. still has the 15x7's on it ..

1 Wild R/T

Get the VIN & contact Barry.... And Jeff.... There's allot of records being saved including build sheets & dealer info on the AAR's & T/A's.... Be nice to know if thats might be available...  Like everyone has said Cool Car... To bad it's an auto....   & I'm a guy that like's my automatic trans.... Just not on an AAR-T/A....

6bblgt

Quote from: ec_co on August 19, 2017, 04:50:17 AM
high teens- low 20s, low-mid 20s with the BS IMO. great color, auto kills it a little. matching #s help. a 4spd high impact color in @ the same shape sold on ebay last month for @ $36k though ......

this FJ5 auto AAR is NOT half the car (EK2 4-speed AAR) that sold on eBay for $36K  :thinking: less than $18K  :alan2cents:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-/132259331118?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=kNxPMQqL7C4bZt1Y2kCNDpxnokE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc