Main Menu

Anyone familiar w/ a 1971 Jeep Gladiator?

Started by Cuda Cody, April 10, 2017, 12:13:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Saw this truck at the Swap Meet and was thinking about calling the owner to see if it sold.  It had some rust but overall wasn't a rust bucket.  The rear bed was rusted out only in the front as it appeared someone parked it a long time on a slight downward front facing slope.  It started right up and ran good. 

What do these go for?  He was asking $8,500

chal340

Very nice truck, What's the engine. a big block, 383, 440?
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.

anlauto

One of those just showed up around the corner from my house a couple of weeks ago. Never really seen one before. It stands out like a sore thumb in my sub-division.... :unbelievable:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

303 Mopar

I love those old Jeep trucks!!  They are not as popular as Chevy and Ford short beds, which means you can get a great deal on them.  If it was no rust, running driving in good condition it should be around $10-12k.  In the condition it is in I would think $5k should buy it.

Brads70

Quote from: chal340 on April 10, 2017, 01:16:18 AM

Usually AMC 304-401

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

This one was a late 1971 and had an AMC 360 in it.

Quote from: chal340 on April 10, 2017, 01:16:18 AM

Moparman82

That is pretty rad, I'd love to have one of those just to putt around to the hardware store and other projects
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

ChallengerHK

Those were marketed under several model names, including Gladiator and J??? (J10, J2000, etc). IIRC, it's the civilian equivalent of an M715, and pretty much bulletproof.