Main Menu

are these e-body seats , SOLD!

Started by Brads70, February 09, 2020, 02:26:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Ok I've had these seats taking up room in my basement for like... 10 years now and they gotta go. I was saving them thinking if I ever wanted to go back to original seats...... ya like that's never going to happen, that and I need the room for Javelin parts at the moment.
First off are they even E-Body seats? Note shoulder belt bracket. I'm aware they have been re upholstered at some point.  My car when I bought it had seat belts/interior panels from a 74 so I'm assuming the seats are also from a 74?  I'm guessing that who ever installed them in my car had a 74 parts car as a few other parts are/were from a later E-Body. 
Also are the tracks E-Body? They did bolt right into the stock holes.
I'm thinking the value might be in the seat frames and sliders if someone needed them to restore. Assuming the seat frames are the same from 70-74? 
They would be to crazy to ship but if someone local needed them I'd make them a REALLY sweat deal? I need them gone asap.

boydsdodge

Hello Brad, those might look pretty good in my Swinger
same kind of tuck and roll as the 74 bench.

Brads70

Quote from: boydsdodge on February 09, 2020, 03:01:01 PM

I'm just an hour away!  :D  the "tuck and roll" in yours looks a little more "puffy" but your call?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: boydsdodge on February 09, 2020, 03:01:01 PM

If you want them, they are yours,  just come and get them? @boydsdodge

6bblgt

the seat tracks look like they are probably '74 E-body, but the seats are ~'79 Volare - tracks were "different" by then

Brads70

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 09, 2020, 05:55:33 PM
the seat tracks look like they are probably '74 E-body, but the seats are ~'79 Volare - tracks were "different" by then

Thank you sir!  :clapping: :bradsthumb:

6bblgt

& E-body tracks in an A-body might be a bit "short"  :thinking: unless @boydsdodge is very "tall" he might feel like he's sitting on the floor  :dunno:

boydsdodge

Thanks Brad for the offer, I will have to take a pass for now.
I have a couple of pairs of seats to deal with here in my limited space.
Thanks again.

HP2

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 09, 2020, 05:55:33 PM

Agreed. F bodies had a large floor hump for the catalytic converter that made their mounting brackets unsuitable for OEM use in anything but those cars. But, swapping in another seat track is entirely possible.

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on February 09, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

If you want them, they are yours,  just come and get them?

The KiJiJi answer.... I don't know Brad...Can you deliver them ? :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on February 09, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

If you want them, they are yours,  just come and get them?

The KiJiJi answer.... I don't know Brad...Can you deliver them ? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Ya no kidding!  I figured they would do temporarily  for someone that's either having theirs redone or the ones they have now are too ragged to be used. Can't beat free?

Brads70