Main Menu

Complete power window set-up for E-Body.

Started by Mymcodebee, June 11, 2018, 01:32:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mymcodebee

I have had these for 25 years.  I paid a bunch for them back then..  Guessing they are worth a bit more now..
Any ballpark as I have not seen a compete set for sale in a while.

Thanks for any info.

1 Wild R/T

Nice....  Really depends on finding the right buyer... Back in 2006 I sold a set of regulators & motors, no wiring, no switches... Listed on Ebay with a $900 reserve.... Didn't know if anyone would pay that much but I'd paid allot for them & I'd rather keep them if I couldn't make a few $$.... Reserve was met the first day.... In the end they sold for close to three grand.....   Yours look pretty complete & clean.... If you can get the right two people looking at them you could do very well....

anlauto

Do you have the dash wiring ? I want to see what it looks like ? :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2018, 11:17:16 AM

I don't see it there... I'll bet Jim Slotts could build a perfect clone...

RUNCHARGER

I paid $200 for a non running, 383, Challenger to get the complete PW setup. I wouldn't mind a deal like that again.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 12, 2018, 10:02:55 PM
I paid $200 for a non running, 383, Challenger to get the complete PW setup. I wouldn't mind a deal like that again.

I'll take two.... Or three.... Thanks!!   :rofl:  I think those days have passed us by.... Back around 93 a guy I knew picked up a FC7 U Code JS23 with P/W..... $800.00   

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I'd like all my hair back too, that isn't happening either!
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 12, 2018, 10:42:16 PM
Yup: I'd like all my hair back too, that isn't happening either!

I've always explained it as the less hair I have the more head I get......
Well, that.. Or God only created so many perfect heads.. The rest he covered with hair....

ply64post

Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2018, 11:17:16 AM

What is  the difference? I thought the window harness was an addition to the existing harness. Were the a/c harnesses just an addition to the existing harness also?  Just trying to learn something new. 

:thinking:

Jeff

Mymcodebee

No idea Alan.  I've never installed one.  Ken Hopperdieztel sold me this set many many moons ago.  I would assume he would know what it needs under the dash for an accessory harness. 

Slotts

Besides the under dash harness, a complete stock power window setup would also include the safety relay and the circuit breaker breaker that the under dash harness plugs into.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

anlauto

Quote from: Mymcodebee on June 13, 2018, 06:36:08 AM
No idea Alan.  I've never installed one.  Ken Hopperdieztel sold me this set many many moons ago.  I would assume he would know what it needs under the dash for an accessory harness.

Oh, so you did pay top dollar.... :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

06Daytona

Is the e body power window stuff the same as what went in a 71+ Charger? I picked up a van load of Mopar bits for 800 bucks a few years ago just to get an original 71 wing and it came with full power window switches, motors, all the wiring, but no track and a complete set of hide away headlights for a 71 Charger including all the bars and bits.

RUNCHARGER

Whoa: You stole that stuff. Those hideways are worth quite a bit by themselves especially if they are true 71.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

71 B body looks close but they aren't the same.....