Main Menu

Couple E-body elect. Parts

Started by 70/6chall, May 06, 2019, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70/6chall

Appreciated the last replies on my previous WIW, so here are a couple more parts from the dark recesses of my garage. I'd like an idea of what an interest would be in these parts. Maybe even a guesstimated value. Did a google search and found the switch is hard to find.
These parts are:
1970-74 E-body rear defogger switch, p/n 2947411, this is the toggle with the turquoise/teal dot.
Next is a 1970-71 E and B body headlight warning buzzer diode, p/n 2983595
See pics:

70Barracuda

Im pretty sure I have the rear defog switch from my first Cuda.  Its chrome.  I also have a road lamp switch.
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

Cuda Cody

That warning buzzer diode is pretty rare.  @Slotts  might know more.

Challenger in NC

70/6chall

I contacted Jim (@slotts) and he said I should check E-bay to see if any are being sold and get an idea what people are selling them for. I'm having a difficult time finding any for sale. I've googled everything I can and zilch. Thanks,   Al

Slotts

Quote from: 70/6chall on May 16, 2019, 06:43:59 PM
I contacted Jim (@slotts) and he said I should check E-bay to see if any are being sold and get an idea what people are selling them for. I'm having a difficult time finding any for sale. I've googled everything I can and zilch. Thanks,   Al

I wrote back and asked you to check the Ebay sold listings for a price. Like these two for a rear defogger switch from last month...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=cuda+rear+defogger+switch&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

70/6chall

Thank you Jim (@slotts) for the E-bay listings, very much appreciated. Dont know how you found the listings, but being in the business your in, you knew just where to look. This will give me an idea of what they're going for. I found one on E-bay, an NOS one for sale for $290.00 from Hiltop Auto, I realize the are hard to come by OEM but geez.......
Mine does have the wire loom and plugs with it. This adds a little more to it. Thanks again,   Al